Honored Contributor

I have to agree about House.  LOL

If he was so brilliant, why did he need a team to begin with??  His "light bulb moments" were supposed to be impressive, I guess.  *yawn*

And they always came up with the same lame diagnoses until he found the real cause. 

It's not Lupus.

It's not MS.

It's not cancer.

I also thought  Dr. Cuddy was miscast and for somebody so smart (being the youngest admin according to her)  did not perform so well in her job. and dressed a tad inappropriately.

It became a "yawn" fest and we gave up.  Although we did watch the final episode.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

I have to agree about House.  LOL

If he was so brilliant, why did he need a team to begin with??  His "light bulb moments" were supposed to be impressive, I guess.  *yawn*

And they always came up with the same lame diagnoses until he found the real cause. 

It's not Lupus.

It's not MS.

It's not cancer.

I also thought  Dr. Cuddy was miscast and for somebody so smart (being the youngest admin according to her)  did not perform so well in her job. and dressed a tad inappropriately.

It became a "yawn" fest and we gave up.  Although we did watch the final episode.

which one was Dr. Cuddy? It's been so long that I don't remember. was she the middle aged doctor who wore her clothes too tight?

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten   Yes she was the hospital administrator and Dean of Medicine.  She said she graduated very young from medical school and was the youngest person to be in her position.

Yes, she was the one I posted who wore inappropriate clothing-not only tight but low cut.  

I always found her character to be lacking for such a high position and I also thought Lisa Edelstein was miscast in that role.

She seems to be cast in other roles that tend to make her younger than she really is and it just doesn't work.  

imo, of course.  LOL

Valued Contributor

I like the Good Doctor , but this season my TV is narrating the whole show , it's so annoying , a voice keeps saying what the characters are doing , as Shaun is smiling , Pete just came in the door , etc . Drives me crazy , no other programs do that . Anyone know how to fix ?  It's like it's for someone who is blind .

Respected Contributor

It's a setting that is a voiceover. I accidentally had it on on Netflix and complained I couldn't watch movies with that annoying narration. You have to find the settings on your remote and shut it off! Good luck, hope you find it.

Honored Contributor

I have that too sometimes on This is Us, I did find a way on my remote to dispose of it. 

Honored Contributor

Ugh.   Just ugh.

The story about the woman whose 1st baby died from antifreeze has been done before on other series.  It was obvious she was not responsible for what was happening.

Shaun and those cakes-well, you can never go wrong with cake in any episode but I swear he is getting obnoxious.

The new woman (Selan?)-nope.  Her character will take down this show for good, imo.

Honored Contributor

I agree except for the cake. I what nothing to do with fruit cake, apple cake, banana cake, the dreaded pineapple upside down person should be shot cake, and the angel

food faux cake.

My theory: the writers came up with that obnoxious new owner to make Leah more likable by comparison. It's not working on me.

Honored Contributor

I was ready to see somebody push the cakes in his face.

Ok.  That was mean.

But it would have been funny.

Valued Contributor

I just can't imagine a surgeon talking about cakes in the middle of the surgery , as a nurse l attended many surgeries , never heard the Dr talking personal stuff during the procedure !