Esteemed Contributor

It appears there are two shows with the title "The Gift" on Netflix.  The one I watched and loved is not a series, it is a movie about a woman who reads cards.  What a great  movie, check it out.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Jason Bateman was in a movie called The Gift. Really good movie but I like all his movies. It’s on Amazon. 

Respected Contributor

The other "The Gift" on Netflix has to do with the archaeological site Gobekli Tepe and it's worth watching for just the photography of that special site.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma , Thank you (I think, haha).

I watched this on your recommendation but had to do it in shifts between last night and this morning. I'm a bit of a baby where violence is concerned so when things turned a little dark I decided that right before bed wasn't the best time for me to watch, lol. 

I will say the story was interesting enough and there were a lot of familiar faces in the cast--Cate Blanchett, Keenau Reeves, Katie Holmes, Greg Kinnear, Hillary Swank, J.K. Simmons, Giovanni Ribski...and the list goes on. I think having so many talented actors is what made it so watchable for me...just not before bed!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma -

Thanku for recommending this-watching it now and it is scary but love watching Cate Blanchett also Greg Kinnear.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I liked both of them.