Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "WHERE THE ACTION IS" DAVID JANSSEN T. SAVALAS MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN

Wow, @twinsister ,  thanks for the heads-up!  You are sharp.  How could I have missed him-- I saw that film relatively recently!  But there he is in the cast list.

My excuse will be-- I was so interested in the Jane Wyman/Rock Hudson pairing, I ignored the young adult children-- they were so annoying, I sped through their scenes.  But now must go back to see!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "WHERE THE ACTION IS" DAVID JANSSEN T. SAVALAS MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN

@Oznell - Her son was so obnoxious - "don't sell the house" and then "sell the house" - LOL!!!  Love that movie!

Honored Contributor

@twinsister. No I have not!
@Oznell When The F used to be on MeTV at midnight on Sunday Naked City came on at 1:00 right after it. So that night I watched The F and stayed awake for Naked City and there he was again! A double treat night!

oznell I used to watch Richard Diamond Private Eye with my dad occasionally (I was quite young then) so I remember Janssen pre-Fugitive. Thing is, I wasn't yet just entering puberty so when I watched that show I wasn't lusting after him 😀. I do even remember Mary Tyler Moore's "just legs" shown in that show when she played his secretary.
Honored Contributor

@twinsister,  me too!  It's one of the great sudsers.  And great production values-- I love that old building that he transforms for her...

@Pearlee,  I've not seen one episode of that.  It's one of the ones I've wondered why a retro channel doesn't run it-- there are enough Janssenites around to propel interest, I would think!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell. It wasn't nearly as popular as The F.
You would have liked it, it was quite film noir-ish.
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee  - You should try to see All That Heaven Allows.  It's dated, but still enjoyable.

We're the same age and I too vaguely remember Richard Diamond and MTM's legs.

@Oznell - Yes - that restored barn was beauitiful!!  The photography in that movie was amazing.  Now I'm off to listen to a podcast of an interview with George Maharis that was done just three days ago!    He is 91!!  Another favoirte of mine.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister We probably remember all these shows from way back when -- R. Diamond was late 1950s - because there weren't all that many TV shows! Early days of TV for sure. 📺
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have seen All that Heaven Allows a gazillion times and never once recognized the young Janssen, and it says on IMDB that his role was uncredited. Thanks for the tip, you can bet  next time I see it I will notice him. although, I dont get TCM any longer so it may be a while.