Esteemed Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "TIGER LEFT, TIGER RIGHT" DAVID JANSSEN LESLIE NEILSEN 2:00 A.M. EASTERN

[ Edited ]

I liked it, but, some things were far fetched to me, starting at the beginning.

For someone who is hiding, I thought it was odd that Kimble would rather go into town and be seen by other people, instead of having the doctor come to the house. It wasn''t a matter of  life or death based on the boy's condition.  Of course, if the doctor did go there, there would be no storyline.

I laughed at the way the wife looked at Kimble in the doctor's office when her husband said he was too busy to meet them and Kimble offered to go along.  She was probably thinking why couldn't my husband be like you!

Another thing I found hard to believe was that Harold being crippled and barely being able to get around, was able to get Kimble, who was dead weight, into the car after knocking him out.    I did feel sorry for Harold, asking for help and being ignored.  Leslie Neilsen did a great job. I've always been a fan of his, in comedy or drama.

Do you think Irene would have dumped Harold and run off with Kimble if he was willing? I do, even if she had some guilt.

The old fashioned technology trying to find the car and using maps was funny in an unintended way.  Also the Dixie paper cups were a reminder from my youth.

Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "TIGER LEFT, TIGER RIGHT" DAVID JANSSEN LESLIE NEILSEN 2:00 A.M. EASTERN

[ Edited ]

One additional point about that deleted scene: It's the only time we see the family of three together. The wife is in an adjoining room playing the piano. The father isn't paying his son Glen any attention but at least they are in the same room.

I like this picture of Carol Rossen as Irene.

Carol Eve Rossen in The Fugitive (1963)

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Honored Contributor

@twinsister  great point about Cheyney knocking out Kimble and getting him to the house. Cheyney also had to get him up those stairs which seemed to be difficult for him to navigate for himself.

Honored Contributor

SPOILERS BELOW

That deleted scene is outrageous and makes me not want to watch TF on MeTV at all.

@twinsister. I agree with your point about Kimble not going to the hospital, although the kid needed an Xray as they said. I did notice his back was turned away from the doc while their were there. You and I remember when doctors literally made house calls! Also, I agree with your point about carrying Kimble around after Neilson knocked him out, but people who use wheelchairs and crutches can de bg elope a lot of upper body strength so I guess he managed.

@Oznell mentioned the ending. I did like that the husband hadn't been aware of Neilson's pleas for help and wanted to help him. So yes, good ending.

I was surprised Rossen came back after she took the money. (As I mentioned above, I can't believe I hadn't even remembered that part when I said I remembered little of the episode.)

I think some if my B- grade is the cabin scene went on too long IMO.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee   this one is for you. He's looking fit and fine.

David Janssen in The Fugitive (1963)

@twinsister   this one is for you. I don't know where he got all those clothes from so quickly. He was also carrying a suitcase in the last scene.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So far no one's mentioned the photograph so that leaves one for me.

ETA: Kimble had been with this family two months or so. Would he have become so relaxed he let the mother take his photo? Maybe since it was going into a family album he figured no one would ever see it. The mom did mention Glen wanted him in the picture or she could have taken it without him knowing it.

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Tique. I always appreciate your photos. ❤ I thought he looked quite thin in those clothes. It made me think of an online site I read about him years ago where people posted about meeting him in real life. I remember a guy who had a drink with him in an airport commenting about DJ looking quite a bit thinner in real life than on TV (the guy saw him in his Fuge days) and I thought of that comment when I first saw DJ in this episode.
Honored Contributor

@Tique. Glad you mentioned the photo. I think that was a "caution lapse" on Kimble's part, since in other episodes we see him avoid having his photo taken. But I assume his soft spot for kids triumphed when the boy, whose father neglected him, requested Kimble be in the picture
As you say, he probably figured it would just stay in the photo album.

Did you like this epi?
Esteemed Contributor

@Tique  - thank you for the photo of Kimble with the sutcase!  I did notice it in the epilog, but decided not to say anything - LOL!!

Also - you are right about the photo of him and the boy.  As you and @Pearlee  have said, he probably thought it would not be seen.

@Pearlee - yes, I remember my doctor making house calls!!

I do agree that it was kind of the husband to try and help Harold at the end.

Honored Contributor

I remember @Oznell  mentioning she thought a scene was missing from Me and then a short time later she stated she knew a scene was missing. I think it was a party scene. I hadn't realized how one scene could make such a difference in an episode until @Pearlee  mentioned something from the "Storm Center" episode when the couple forced Kimble to take them out in the middle of a storm. I didn't know what she was talking about until I watched the YT version. Now we have that option again, I'm eventually going back and peruse The Fuge threads so I can see those deleted scenes.

@Pearlee  I did like this episode. Even more importantly there was some good dialogue.