Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "TIGER LEFT, TIGER RIGHT" DAVID JANSSEN LESLIE NEILSEN 2:00 A.M. EASTERN

Oh, good, @vsm --  looking forward to it!

@drizzellla,  I empathize about your poor doggie.  Our cat Sibyl is on an anti-anxiety drug,  but it's partly BECAUSE she had started urinating outside of the litter box.  She doesn't have a physical problem, but vet thinks her anxiety (induced by the two boy kitties, who like to lord it over her) might cause her to sometimes skip the box.  Yet, this morning, she did it again, gack.  But she looked up at us so helplessly, and innocently.....    Keep us posted, hope your doggie continues to improve!

Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "TIGER LEFT, TIGER RIGHT" DAVID JANSSEN LESLIE NEILSEN 2:00 A.M. EASTERN

@Tique. You mentioned in one of your posts on this thread that there was some good dialogue. Are you going to post anything from this episode before we move on to tomorrow's?
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee  yes. I will post it early tomorrow morning. Sorry for the delay. This has been a week when a lot of unexpected things popped up.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique. Great! I look forward to it, before I focus on the next episode. I'm interested
In what you'll choose. 🙂
Honored Contributor

This week's memorable exchange takes place between Kimble, Cheyney, and Irene. Irene's portion of the dialogue is minimal but somewhat pertinent. I have marked her words only. The others is more obvious.

“Why don’t you give up Cheyney?"

“Not a chance. He’s gonna pay“.

“For what?“

[Slapping leg.] “For this. Know what it feels like to to be dead from the waist down. It’s a whole new ballgame Mister.“

“Pryor didn’t put you on crutches. Did he?“

“Didn’t he? “

Irene: “You're talking too much.“

“You know a couple of years ago I busted loose from The Signal Core. I was gonna knock the world by its tail. I got hit by a truck. You know who owned that truck? Pryor. Got a fleet of them all over the country.“

“It was an accident. He wasn’t driving“.

“I’m not finished...When I came to at the hospital a lawyer was standing over my bed with a piece of paper for me to sign. He said they’d pay for the operation. I didn’t know any better so I signed it. That took Pryor and his company off the hook.“

“How many operations did you have?“

“Three. And they didn’t take.“

“Legally I couldn’t get back at Pryor any more. But I wrote him lots of letters and I asked him for work. Anything. Janitor. Elevator operator. And he didn’t answer not one of them. That’s when Irene got the smart idea to grab a hold of Pryor.“

“You had a raw deal but this isn’t going to work.“

“So what are you trying to tell me. I should let you go.“

Irene: “So you can run to the cops?”

”I won’t do that. ”

Irene: ”Sure.”

”I can’t.”

Irene: ”What do you mean you can’t? ”

”I’m in trouble. I go to the police they’ll arrest me.”

”Oh you mean you got a record?”

”Yeah something like that."

Irene: ”It’s a trick."

”No I don’t know. You don’t talk like a gardener.”

”You let me walk out that door I’ll be a hundred miles from here by the time it’s dark.”

Irene: ”You’re not going to listen to him are you Cheyney?”

”Pryor owes me for a new pair of legs. I’m gonna collect.”

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Great stretch of dialogue, @Tique ,  thank you!  I second @Pearlee in looking forward to what you will highlight for us!

It's a key piece showing how Irene was the galvanizing force in the scheme, and of course in the whole relationship.  I like the way Kimble, in his low-key way, never stops trying to get through to Cheyney and undermine his determination to go through with it.  And of course, 'no-stranger-to-sneakiness' Irene was completely on to him!

Honored Contributor

Great choice, Tique. I agree with what @Oznell wrote about it. And I like the minimal amount Kimble chose to reveal about his situation: just enough to make his argument, but no details. đź‘Ť @Tique