Respected Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "THREE CHEERS FOR LITTLE BOY BLUE" DAVID JANSSEN MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN

I enjoyed this episode for the most part, but I enjoy any episode without Gerard. There were somethings that make you scratch your head, especially with packing the suitcase, but also the threatening phone call. You mean we're suppose to believe that the hotel desk clerk didn't recognize Roy's voice. Wasn't he his boss? 

Way too many characters living in the past, including George. I think he was really looking forward to his homecoming and reconnecting with Nora and friends from the past, and not until arrival realized the town and those in it never progressed or bettered themselves. The only friend that was the exception and not embittered seemed to be the sheriff. @Pearlee, you're so right about him looking like Rowan Atkinson, what a resemblance.

There was a true friendship between Kimble and George. I agree George did seem to view him as an equal saying he was his friend and he drove up with him. When he learned he had been fingerprinted George knew he was losing a friend and Kimble a good job. It's unfortunate that Roy was present when Kimble was leaving. I'd like to think George would have generous to him. That seemed his nature until people showed their true colors.

Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "THREE CHEERS FOR LITTLE BOY BLUE" DAVID JANSSEN MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN

@Etoile308 wrote:

I enjoyed this episode for the most part, but I enjoy any episode without Gerard. There were somethings that make you scratch your head, especially with packing the suitcase, but also the threatening phone call. You mean we're suppose to believe that the hotel desk clerk didn't recognize Roy's voice. Wasn't he his boss? 

Way too many characters living in the past, including George. I think he was really looking forward to his homecoming and reconnecting with Nora and friends from the past, and not until arrival realized the town and those in it never progressed or bettered themselves. The only friend that was the exception and not embittered seemed to be the sheriff. @Pearlee, you're so right about him looking like Rowan Atkinson, what a resemblance.

There was a true friendship between Kimble and George. I agree George did seem to view him as an equal saying he was his friend and he drove up with him. When he learned he had been fingerprinted George knew he was losing a friend and Kimble a good job. It's unfortunate that Roy was present when Kimble was leaving. I'd like to think George would have generous to him. That seemed his nature until people showed their true colors.

@Etoile308  Nice summary, you made good points. So happy you also saw the resemblance to Atkinson! 🙂

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

More photos

Epilog

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique  Maybe it's because of my device but I can only see the montages and then a bunch of symbols for files and also the word Epilog. (I still only have 'net access on my smartphone).

ETA Don't fix for me though; I saw the epi.

Honored Contributor

Rowan Atkinson

120 Rowan Atkinson ideas in 2021 | mr bean, rowan, atkinson

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique. 😄 Glad I can see these two photos. Thanks for posting them. 

Honored Contributor

He doesn't in that particular photo but Atkinson often has the same expression on his face that "the sheriff" has in his photo.

Honored Contributor

Good points about the psychological dynamics,  @Etoile308 ,  and glad you raised that about the fingerprints.  I thought Kimble could have finessed that better, considering the stakes.  Once they were insisting on the prints, he could, I believe, still plausibly have said, "Oh, Korea soured me on weapons, can't stand the things or having them around me", etc.   and declined the gun.

Enough guys over the years have been traumatized by war experiences, and so on, that I don't think it would have struck these police as too "odd".   Maybe they would have relented and provided protection themselves, maybe not.

But Kimble couldn't afford to worry about that.

I feel he was normally savvy enough to know that even though they said, 'oh the prints won't be analyzed till next week',  once he gave them prints, they were out of his hands, and anything could happen.  He had to avoid being fingerprinted at all costs, even if it made him look slightly eccentric or even cowardly.  So, as much as he wanted to protect George, his survival potentially depended on refusing the gun, as plausibly as he could, I believe. 

Honored Contributor

OK - I don't get it.

It seems that every time Kimble had to be fingerprinted, no matter what new town he is in, the police were able to come back in a relatively short period of time and state that the fingerprints are Kimble's.

This was years before computers. And I am guessing that most of the identification was done by hand and eyeball. Kimble was all over the place. He did not stay in one area too long. So the police were able to match his fingerprints even though he was many states away from where he was charged with murder?

As soon as the ink pad comes out, you know Kimble is doomed.

Honored Contributor

Good point, @drizzellla --  it's easy to forget that the technology back then likely would not necessarily support the "quick answers" that we've come to take for granted now.

I wish I could remember each of the episodes in which he's been forced to give fingerprints--  it would be fun to contrast the different outcomes in each circumstance....