Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "THREE CHEERS FOR LITTLE BOY BLUE" DAVID JANSSEN MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN

@Tique wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Oznell. Where did you  see that Ed Asner said not nice things about DJ?

By the way.. next week's epi is the 2nd Suzanne Pleshette one.

@Pearlee  when I was watching the video which @Oznell  posted today I laughed when I saw her with "the pineapple on her head" and wondered when she would be appearing next. Feel like I wished her up. Hope I enjoy it better than the first one.

@Tique 😄 Oh yeah that pineapple! I'm thinking you won't like it as well. I've never liked it very much. But I think you disliked the first one more than I did so you might like it better. IMO it's kind of cringeworthy (not in the same way the first one was). 

Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "THREE CHEERS FOR LITTLE BOY BLUE" DAVID JANSSEN MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN

[ Edited ]

This epi like some others gave me Twilight Zone vibes. 

Geez the whole town was against this guy.  Why on earth would he build there? Was he sooo clueless about the townspeoples' feelings for him? He must have been a bright, savvy guy given his achievements,  and he researched places where he should build whatever he was doing to bolster that small town, yet he was so clueless about how they all felt towards him.

@twinsister. I thought of you when, knowing the police were on their way to the hotel, Kimble took the time to pack up his suitcase! What the heck? We've seen countless episodes where Kimble runs away ASAP, leaving everything behind, so his taking the time to pack  didn't make sense to me.  Also, regarding the story of how Richard Anderson knew Kimble, it didn't make sense to me that Andersonwould risk his reputation, as well as harboring a fugitive, as he did. 

I didn't dislike this episode and did like how loyal and protective Kimble was to his boss.  The townspeople were just so depressing though that it was a real "downer" episode.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

This epi like some others gave me Twilight Zone vibes. 

Geez the whole town was against this guy.  Why on earth would he build there? Was he sooo clueless about the townspeoples' feelings for him? He must have been a bright, savvy guy given his achievements,  and he researched places where he should build whatever he was doing to bolster that small town, yet he was so clueless about how they all felt towards him.

@twinsister. I thought of you when, knowing the police were on their way to the hotel, Kimble took the time to pack up his suitcase! What the heck? We've seen countless episodes where Kimble runs away ASAP, leaving everything behind, so his taking the time to pack  didn't make sense to me.  Also, regarding the story of how Richard Anderson knew Kimble, it didn't make sense to me that Andersonwould risk his reputation, as well as harboring a fugitive, as he did. 

I didn't dislike this episode and did like how loyal and protective Kimble was to his boss.  The townspeople were just so depressing though that it was a real "downer" episode.

BUT he went to all that trouble packing the suitcase and walk out the door. And I don't think the suitcase was ever seen again. So he took the trouble to pack it and then left it somewhere.

Nice to see David Janssen cracked a bit of a smile in the Epilogue.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I rather enjoyed this episode. It had bits of things I like: mystery, romance, deception, intrigue, loyalty, and risk.

I don't think all the townspeople disliked George but they sure were filled with jealousy and they were miserable. They had chosen or the choice was made for them to remain in their small town where they had little hope of advancing.  George had left and was returning a rich and successful man. Each of them began to look at themselves through [what they thought were] his eyes and didn't like what they saw. They were wrong. Just as he had formed loyalty and respect for Kimble in six short weeks, he also had an affinity and love for his town which is why he returned to help the town but specifically the people who he thought were his friends.

George knew something was up or off with Kimble but for whatever reason he trusted him enough after their initial encounter to let him stay. He could tell Kimble was educated and used to the better things in life and like so many before him had gotten to know him and made his own decision about his "guest". Once he heard what Kimble was accused of he still went with what he had observed and come to know about him and decided he wanted Kimble to escape. Since Kimble risked getting caught when he figured out what Roy was up to, that was further verification to George that he was right all the time.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

.This one was OK and for me a little like last week's episode.  It centered more on Forster and Kimble was like the second fiddle.  If it wasn't for the fingerprint records identifying him, which was suspenseful, it didn't have that "what mess did I get involved with now" factor.  Kimble did come through again and saved someone literally.  I did find it unbelievable how easily Forster believed Kimble and let him get away.  We have no idea how long he had worked for Forster, but that was implausible.  It reminded me of last week when the captain let Kimble escape.

For a local boy who had done well for himself, he certainly had a lot of people against him for various reasons.  His bitter ex-girlfriend did change her attitude towards him at the end. I had heard of Fay Spain, but don't think I ever saw her in anything.  I also  found it unbelievable how Janet's feeling about her husband changed after the comment Forster made to her.  In this episode,  between that and Forster helping Ed Asner at the end, Kimble wasn't the only one who improved people's lives this time.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee  - I did laugh when Kimble was packing his suitcase while the police were on their way!

@drizzellla - Where did that suitcase go?  Did he drop it when he ran to help George?

@Tique - I didn't hear them say Kimble worked for George for six weeks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique wrote:

I rather enjoyed this episode. It had bits of things I like: mystery, romance, deception, intrigue, loyalty, and risk.

I don't think all the townspeople disliked George but they sure were filled with jealousy and they were miserable. They had chosen or the choice was made for them to remain in their small town where they had little hope of advancing.  George had left and was returning a rich and successful man. Each of them began to look at themselves through [what they thought were] his eyes and didn't like what they saw. They were wrong. Just as he had formed loyalty and respect for Kimble in six short weeks, he also had an affinity and love for his town which is why he returned to help the town but specifically the people who he thought were his friends.

George knew something was up or off with Kimble but for whatever reason he trusted him enough after their initial encounter to let him stay. He could tell Kimble was educated and used to the better things in life and like so many before him had gotten to know him and made his own decision about his "guest". Once he heard what Kimble was accused of he still went with what he had observed and come to know about him and decided he wanted Kimble to escape. Since Kimble risked getting caught when he figured out what Roy was up to, that was further verification to George that he was right all the time.

@Tique  I thought George said something to the effect that he knew from the beginning Kimble was on the run (because he was well educated, didn't fit as a vagrant, etc) so I think he had at least a good inkling that he was harboring a fugitive.

ETA and then of course he said to Kimble that Kimble wouldn't want them to run his fingerprints and since they did, Kimble should go.

Honored Contributor

Totally agree with @Pearlee  and everyone marveling at Kimble's going back to his room to pack--  this, after George told the police Kimble was in his room and they were on their way!

I couldn't believe it-- it was all so leisurely.  He remained in the hotel an unconscionably long period of time.  (By the way, one of the imdb people mentioned that when Kimble was in Roy's office, the same picture of Ed Asner playing football as a youth was on display, just like in the Mary Tyler Moore Show. )

Excellent points raised by everyone, enjoyed reading these.  @twinsister , I also found Janet's quick change of heart toward hubby hard to swallow.

My overall reaction is probably closest to @Tique 's,  for the different factors she mentioned.  The relationships interested me. 

I did hear someone say Kimble had been with George six weeks.  Can well imagine a mutual trust and understanding between them in that period.

Didn't they very briefly imply or mention that George hadn't been back to town for 15 long years?  I could swear someone said that, but it went by quickly.  What a long time not to visit your blind aunt, your only relative.  Although, maybe with his bucks he would have her visit him, wherever he was...

Nora sobered up awfully quickly at the end, to be driving the getaway car!  One thing that often puzzles me--  the people driving Kimble to the nearest bus, why don't they just drive him a few hours till he's out of danger?  The police would not be looking for Nora or her car. 

But they might very well have put out alerts on buses leaving the area this time--  so come on Nora, drive on!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell  interesting comments. Maybe people don't want to drive Kimble farther because (1) if the police end up pursuing like f someone tipped them off or saw the driver drive off with him, the driver would be in danger if there was a shoot out, (2) the more time a driver spends driving Kimble, the more likely to be caught and charged with aiding and abetting a fugitive, (3)as we know by now, Kimble's journey is a solitary one, and (4) people who aren't in love with Kimble have other things to do than make a several hours round trip out of town.  😄  Of course I would be willing to drive him across the country ❤.   Good question though, oznell.

Honored Contributor

Ha, ha, me too, @Pearlee ,  no inconvenience at all to drive DJ wherever he wants to go.   I see your point, though I do think it would be fairly minimal risk for pretty great reward (knowing that he had escaped).   But it's true she was not invested in Kimble, so.....      I could sooner see George take that risk, especially after what Kimble had done for him....