Regular Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "THERE GOES THE BALL GAME" MeTV 2:00 a.m.ET 2/7

I liked this episode showing Kimble forced into staying and helping a kidnapped daughter escape from death.

What I couldn't understand is why he wasn't wearing a wire tap for protection leaving Kimble to fend for himself, which he did very well.

As for the tracking device, I really don't know what the police used.  After all,  we're talking almost 60 years ago.  What I did like was the ending where Balsam said I'm reporting a stolen car.  Apparently he wanted Kimble to escape without police interference.

It was a good episode, full of suspense without Gerard and women fawning over Kimble for a change.  Good people helping each other out in their time of need.

Honored Contributor

@chloe4578  Good point about the wire tap. I was pretty outraged that the police would let a civilian (Kimble) risk his life like that , dropping off the ransom, but Balsam seemed to be runnung the show (and the police).  I'm glad you liked this epi too; so far it's unanimous.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with everyone that this was a good episode.  At first, I thought her friend was part of the kidnapping plot.  I liked the end where she helped Kimble escape.  

It was a nice change where Kimble's medical knowledge didn't figure into the plot.  

@Tique - thanks for the pictures!

@Pearlee - I remember those rat tail combs used for teasing!  Also remember those dainty ladies' watches.  I still have my mothers' watch.

A minor correction in the name of one of the actors - it is Vincent Gardenia, not Harry Gardenia who played the policeman and was in Moonstruck.  He lived nearby me and after his death a street was renamed after him.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

I agree with everyone that this was a good episode.  At first, I thought her friend was part of the kidnapping plot.  I liked the end where she helped Kimble escape.  

It was a nice change where Kimble's medical knowledge didn't figure into the plot.  

@Tique - thanks for the pictures!

@Pearlee - I remember those rat tail combs used for teasing!  Also remember those dainty ladies' watches.  I still have my mothers' watch.

A minor correction in the name of one of the actors - it is Vincent Gardenia, not Harry Gardenia who played the policeman and was in Moonstruck.  He lived nearby me and after his death a street was renamed after him.

@twinsister  Thanks for the correction on Gardenia.  I'm happy you liked this epi too, and I agree with your comments.