Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "THE LAST OASIS" DAVID JANSSEN MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

@Pearlee wrote:

@Tique wrote:

I liked this episode, would watch it again, and probably will before I delete it. I knew this week was the first epi of Season 4 when the shows were going to be in color but even looking at the pictures above was a bit unsettling for me. I have really resisted change in this show which befuddles me because now there are changes all the time and I go with the flow...

@Tique  What do you mean now there are changes all the time? There are the two you mentioned (and most shows --of course eventually all  -- changed from black and white to color, that was just the times!)...

@Pearlee  I had already mentioned the changes with TF and I was comparing them to "now" as in the shows we currently see there are changes all the time.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Tique wrote:

I liked this episode, would watch it again, and probably will before I delete it. I knew this week was the first epi of Season 4 when the shows were going to be in color but even looking at the pictures above was a bit unsettling for me. I have really resisted change in this show which befuddles me because now there are changes all the time and I go with the flow...

@Tique  What do you mean now there are changes all the time? There are the two you mentioned (and most shows --of course eventually all  -- changed from black and white to color, that was just the times!)...

@Pearlee  I had already mentioned the changes with TF and I was comparing them to "now" as in the shows we currently see there are changes all the time.

@Tique  Oh, current shows. OK, got it.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@twinsister   Thanks!  I was surprised at what "cheerful" colors the graphics are.  Yellow for the acts/epilog?

I much prefer the show in black and white for the more film noir atmosphere of the show. It indicates the somber quality of Kimble's plight.

@Pearlee   you thought cheerful. I thought garish. In case I didn't make it clear: My preference is also the black and white.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@twinsister   Thanks!  I was surprised at what "cheerful" colors the graphics are.  Yellow for the acts/epilog?

I much prefer the show in black and white for the more film noir atmosphere of the show. It indicates the somber quality of Kimble's plight.

@Pearlee   you thought cheerful. I thought garish. In case I didn't make it clear: My preference is also the black and white.

@Tique  They aren't mutually exclusive. 😄 I also think they are garish, as well as too cheerful for the theme of this show. They still should be black IMO and I've thought so since I first saw them!

@Oznell  I'm glad you mentioned "shadows" in your post regarding black and white. As I typed my preference above, I had in mind a scene from an epi where there was a shadow of Kimble at the top of a stairway hiding in a large house and I thought that shadow was very effective and Hitchcockian. May have been the epi when he was in the large house with the blind people, or in his in-laws house when his mother-in-law hated him for killing Helen and Kimble was upstairs when she opened the front door for the police.

Anyway, I've enjoyed the use of shadows to indicate furtiveness in this series.

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Speaking about the episodes being in color, I just remembered that we didn't have a color TV in 1967. We bought one a year or two later.   I didn't see the finale in color until years later.

@Pearlee - I was thinking about what you said being surprised at those colors used in the 1960's and it dawned on me I saw the whole series in b&w when it originally aired!

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

Speaking about the episodes being in color, I just remembered that we didn't have a color TV in 1967. We bought one a year or two later.   I didn't see the finale in color until years later.

@Pearlee - I was thinking about what you said being surprised at those colors used in the 1960's and it dawned on me I saw the whole series in b&w when it originally aired!

@twinsister   That's just as well!

I had to "reserve" our den for TF because it was our only color TV; we had others in B&W. My family knew I had dibs for TF.

Honored Contributor

@Tique--   that's a good distinction between the deputy's situation, and that of his father, and you are right, when examined, the explanation doesn't really hold up.

Yes, oodles of money spent by a small, relatively rural department-- not plausible!

@twinsister,  I had forgotten that straw hat being so important as a tip-off about Kimble-- what a crucial role such a small item would play in the plot.

Wow, I haven't watched "The Invaders" yet this week-- that Arch Johnson really gets around!  Doesn't it seem sometimes that Quinn Martin Productions has a big warehouse of actors, and they just shuffle them around to the various shows, willy-nilly?!

I simply disagree with everyone about "the question" both women asked-- essentially to me, it's a distinction without a real difference.

@Pearlee,  that strikes a chord with me about Kimble's shadow too-- I think it could have been in either of those episodes you reference.  That house of his in-laws to me had such an eerie quality, especially, and I could well picture him casting an atmospheric shadow, among the other shadowy elements of that episode...

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@Tique--   that's a good distinction between the deputy's situation, and that of his father, and you are right, when examined, the explanation doesn't really hold up.

Yes, oodles of money spent by a small, relatively rural department-- not plausible!

@twinsister,  I had forgotten that straw hat being so important as a tip-off about Kimble-- what a crucial role such a small item would play in the plot.

Wow, I haven't watched "The Invaders" yet this week-- that Arch Johnson really gets around!  Doesn't it seem sometimes that Quinn Martin Productions has a big warehouse of actors, and they just shuffle them around to the various shows, willy-nilly?!

I simply disagree with everyone about "the question" both women asked-- essentially to me, it's a distinction without a real difference.

@Pearlee,  that strikes a chord with me about Kimble's shadow too-- I think it could have been in either of those episodes you reference.  That house of his in-laws to me had such an eerie quality, especially, and I could well picture him casting an atmospheric shadow, among the other shadowy elements of that episode...

@Oznell  I do think it was in that epi, further building suspense about whether his MIL would rat him out.