Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "THE END IS BUT THE BEGINNING" D. JANSSEN BARBARA BARRIE MONDAY 2:00 A.M.

@drizzellla. @twinsister. Yeah, someone here, I think drizzella or twinsister, had mentioned the really nice office before. In all these years I've watched TF, the point never occurred to me.  I thought about it and will offer this. While yes, that is indeed a very luxurious office for a police lieutenant, I have worked for government. In my major city there are a lot of government agencies. Quite commonly, when needing more office space, they are offered old, lovely public buildings -one even a former art museum with a lot of marble interior - for cheap because they are government owned and have been vacated for one reason or another.  For a while, whie working for government, I was lucky enough to have a gorgeous office that really  my position didn't merit at the time.  It was nice!  I could see in a small town like Stafford perhaps an old library or some such thing moved to bigger quarters and the police took over the building.

But I do agree that most police stations are more Barney Miller-ish.

The police station in my city where I live  is in a very majestic large  old building that I don't think was originally built as a police station. I don't know what the interior is like though because I have never been in it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "THE END IS BUT THE BEGINNING" D. JANSSEN BARBARA BARRIE MONDAY 2:00 A.M.

@Pearlee - You brought up a valid explanation for his fancy office, and I wouldn't have thought of it.  

Like you said, usually TV police offices are like Barney Miller or I thought of Kojak's office.

Honored Contributor

Sorry - just saw this 

Image may contain: 2 people, text that says 'MOVIES! M MACHO CALLAHAN FIND OUT WHERE Το WATCH a WWW.MOVIESTVNETWORK.COM'

David Janssen seeks the man who put him behind bars and is hunted by a widow vowing vengeance in MACHO CALLAHAN on Friday at 8:25am ET | 5:25am PT.

Honored Contributor

Oh please will someone please bring DJ a razor!

Thanks @drizzellla  I can't remember ever hearing of that film.

Honored Contributor

This week’s exchange took place between Kimble and Aiemee.

Aiemee opened and locked the door after peering out the window to make sure she wasn't followed. She let out a sigh of relief when she spied Kimble on his feet. She set some packages on the table. "Hello. You feeling better?"

Kimble walked a bit unsteadily to the table and placed his hand on it for support. “I uh...I don't know what day it is.”

“It’s only tomorrow. You've been asleep ”    

Kimble sat down. “For how long?”

“Since half past 10 last night."

Kimble looked up at Aiemee. “Fourteen hours?”

”Well you needed it. And now you need some food. Those are shaving things. And cigarettes.” Aiemee walked away. “I take it you got my note.” She unbuttoned her coat and removed it.

“Yes and the clothes. Where did they come from?”

Oh I bought them for a cousin of mine in Erie. You were asleep so I left them here this morning before I went to work.” Aiemee put water in a small pot and opened the ice box to retrieve two eggs. She put the pot on the stove and turned it on. “No chance of anyone dropping in cause I live alone. Except for a rusty cat.”

“You put this bandage on my head?”

"Yes."

Kimble turned in his chair to look at her. “I don't remember much. Are they still convinced I'm dead?”

"Yes. Lt. Garlock teletyped the Indiana police this morning." Aiemee tied an apron around her waist.

Kimble turned back around. “That's means Gerard is on his way.”

“He's flying in this afternoon."

Kimble sighed. "They move the wreck?”

No they can't.” Aiemee walked over to the table and stood over Kimble.

"I've got to get out there."

Aiemee sat down. “What for?

Kimble looked at her. “A hitchhiker I picked up. The boy. Told me he had no relatives except...his 'Uncle Sam'. And he showed me his dog tags." Aiemee nodded. "That's what woke me up. I kept dreaming about them.”

Aiemee shook her head to add emphases to what she was saying. “But you can't go out there now. They're guarding it.”

Kimble looked up. "Guarding it?

“The fire patrol. They're watching it for what they call - uh hot spots...Besides you're still very shaky and Lt Garlock didn't find anything.”

“Lt Garlock isn't Phil Gerard.”

“But everything burned.”

Kimble nodded. “But the dog tags. Unless they were in the cab...and the fire was so hot it melted the truck.” Aiemee looked sad as she realized the gravity of the situation.

Kimble got up while holding the chair and the stove for support. “I've got to try Aiemee. The odds are getting worse.” 

Aiemee looked up at Kimble. “I wish you would stop sounding so hopeless.”

Kimble turned to Aiemee. ”Aiemee you don't know what Phil Gerard is capable of." He sat down in the chair again. "You said you felt right about helping me." Aiemee nodded. "I don't know why you want to take the risk."

Aiemee blinked, looked down, and then back up at Kimble. “Well I...Only once or twice in my life have I ever asked anybody for anything." Aiemee continued, speaking slowly and deliberately. "The first time turned out very badly.The second time was yesterday when I asked Steve Younger to take me to the theater and he was very kind. Made me feel unafraid.”

Kimble looked away. "But now you know I'm not Steve Younger."

Amy smiled a little. “Has my knowing changed you?”

Kimble stirred a little in his chair. "Aiemee, Gerard has a way of sensing things. He's brilliant. He knows me...Maybe better than I know myself. If you make one slip-up.."

"Richard. Trust me." Kimble nodded and placed his hand on Aiemee's arm.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

I love the unexpressed thoughts, as well as the expressed ones, in the last few paragraphs and lines of that exchange, @Tique --  thanks for posting.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tique - Great exchange - thanks.

@drizzellla  - I never heard of that movie.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

@drizzellla  - I never heard of that movie.

I think that was a movie that David Janssen mentioned when he was on the Johnny Carson Show. He was talking about all his movies that bombed. That episode of Johnny Carson Show was on Antenna TV about 2 weeks ago.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla   I've been seeing this pic for the past couple of months. Can't imagine why...but it makes me smile. Tried to wait to see what episode it's from but since we still have so-o-o many left thought I would share it with you now.

Gives us a little something to anticipate. Whenever...

No Spoilers please. We'll wait...

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@drizzellla   I've been seeing this pic for the past couple of months. Can't imagine why...but it makes me smile. Tried to wait to see what episode it's from but since we still have so-o-o many left thought I would share it with you now.

Gives us a little something to anticipate. Whenever...

No Spoilers please. We'll wait...

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Now I have to make sure I never miss another episode.