Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "THE END IS BUT THE BEGINNING" D. JANSSEN BARBARA BARRIE MONDAY 2:00 A.M.

Was anyone surprised by Gerard's reaction to news of Kimble's death?  When I first saw this epi as a kid, I wondered why Gerard, who was so bothered by "letting" Kimble escape, wasn't happy that, when Kimble had supposedly died in a fiery crash, he had gotten the "death penalty" after all.  End of story. Justice was served, Gerard was off the hook.  I remember thinking back then that Gerard should have been happy with the news.

Regular Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "THE END IS BUT THE BEGINNING" D. JANSSEN BARBARA BARRIE MONDAY 2:00

@Tique   Didn’t she say in Kimble’s hotel room that she was going to pack his belongings?  Or did I misinterpret?

in the epilogue he was wearing those PJ’s and what looked like a jacket which struck me b/c I remember him dressed in her cousins clothes which just happened to fit him perfectly.  As for the personal effects she turned into Gerard they were just what was found in the truck or so I thought.

She called him Richard b/c he had already expressed his guilt at not being there for his wife when she was murdered.  I think since he was so open about himself she felt ok calling him by his real name.   At least that was my impression.

She knew how her boss felt about her.  I wonder if they ever got together.  I really wish the writers would bring back some of these characters so we could have some closure to these episodes.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "THE END IS BUT THE BEGINNING" D. JANSSEN BARBARA BARRIE MONDAY 2:00 A.M.

@Tique - That list is a great find!  Good reference for us to use.  So true about a man not coming up with her little skip.  I was thinking with all our comments about it, if I was watching with BF and I mentioned the skip, he would say "what skip?"!!

@Oznell - I did see your response about Route 66 and forgot to comment.  There is a short clip from the episode on YouTube.  Even though her character was blind, she was spunky in a similar way that she played Aimee.  I have a few DVDs of R 66 and I made sure that was one episode included.

@Pearlee - I forgot to respond to your comment on BB's acting when she got shot.  At first I thought she was dead and then I thought she just got grazed.  It was like she didn't know herself how to react.

Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "THE END IS BUT THE BEGINNING" D. JANSSEN BARBARA BARRIE MONDAY 2:00

@chloe4578   I didn't have a problem with her calling him Richard. The problem was that's how the episode began. I would have rather seen that scene in the progression of the story rather than as a preview of what was coming. Hope that makes sense.

Aiemee told the detective she would pack Kimble's things that were at the hotel and her boss mentioned he also had a locker. She was packing the things to turn over. I suppose they were going to look through them to try to locate relatives since no one knew anything about him.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

#Re: THE FUGITIVE "THE END IS BUT THE BEGINNING" D. JANSSEN BARBARA BARRIE MONDAY 2:00

@Tique  You missed my post on the previous page about the spelling of Aimee.

Honored Contributor

Re: #Re: THE FUGITIVE "THE END IS BUT THE BEGINNING" D. JANSSEN BARBARA BARRIE MONDAY 2:00

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee  I saw it but I like consistency.

Honored Contributor

Re: #Re: THE FUGITIVE "THE END IS BUT THE BEGINNING" D. JANSSEN BARBARA BARRIE MONDAY 2:00

@Tique wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Tique  That surprises me. My impression was you liked accuracy. Well OK then.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Was anyone surprised by Gerard's reaction to news of Kimble's death?  When I first saw this epi as a kid, I wondered why Gerard, who was so bothered by "letting" Kimble escape, wasn't happy that, when Kimble had supposedly died in a fiery crash, he had gotten the "death penalty" after all.  End of story. Justice was served, Gerard was off the hook.  I remember thinking back then that Gerard should have been happy with the news.

@Pearlee - Gerard was mad that he didn't get the chance to bring Kimble in alive. By dying, Kimble stuck it to Gerard again.  That is my take on it.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Tique  That surprises me. My impression was you liked accuracy. Well OK then.

@Pearlee  I like both which is why in the past when you've pointed out my errors, I've corrected them - even making it a point to leave my original.  I looked at imdb. If it's a mistake it's theirs.

Honored Contributor

@Tique Yes it is their mistake. I acknowledged that too.

I've seen a number of typos on that site before. As well as incorrect info.