Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "THE END IS BUT THE BEGINNING" D. JANSSEN BARBARA BARRIE MONDAY 2:00 A.M.

That's true, @Pearlee --  it must have been naturally wavy, and then he "subdued" it most of the time with goo, etc.  He also kept it fairly short, which would disguise the wave a little....

Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "THE END IS BUT THE BEGINNING" D. JANSSEN BARBARA BARRIE MONDAY 2:00 A.M.

Another comment about the show: it was interesting that Kimble expressed to Aimee some guilt over Helen's death, saying he left his wife alone and someone came in and killed her.  And then also questioning whether he did enough to save the hitchhiker. 

Regular Contributor

I thought the cat was the best actor in this episode.  Were those supposed to be PJ’s Kimble was wearing in the epilogue?  He sure looked silly...today, not so much, but in ‘65?  Seems strange!

Barrie is a gem.  She’s such a good actress that anything she’s in is worth seeing.   This was a good episode with a very little bit of humor, not quite as dark as usual.  

Was it a slip up about the one armed man, yes.  Generally speaking I don’t really like Gerard, but Amy really gave him a run for his money.  Even he was surprised at her conclusion.  She held her own.  Not a gal to mess with.

i disagree that she was that attracted to Kimble when she realized that her feeling for him really was a need to be needed.  I’m really not a romantic at heart so I really see Kimble as being used by these women.  Like, I really love you but want to get out of this town.  Please take me with you, etc. Besides he has more to think about than a women he’s probably never going to see again anyway.

@Tique   Thanks for asking.  The reason I didn’t post comments was because I had seen the brass ring and had already commented on it.  Just didn’t feel that I had anything to add and it would be redundant.  But I did read all the comments which I really and sometimes enjoy more than the episodes themselves.

@Oznell   Your comment on the cat reminded me of a story that Coppola always tells in making The Godfather.  The cat that Brando was holding was a studio cat.  But he loved Brando and started purring, never leaving his side in the scene.  I get the feeling that the cat belonged to Barrie or someone on set and was comfortable with lights and noise.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoyed it.  

@Tique - Love the photo of Aimee skipping. 

Does anyone else wonder if BB improvised that little skip or do you think it was part of the script?  

I thought for sure when the cat made the noise, Gerard was going to walk into the kitchen and see the two place settings.  

Aimee made a good comeback to Gerard with her answer about the one armed man, even though she said Gerard scared her.

@Pearlee - I was surprised when RK expressed remorse about his leaving his wife alone, but it was understandable. 

A little confused about the scene when Duggan explained to the sheriff how Aimee got shot.  He said he was showing the gun to her and it went off accidentally, but to me it didn't seem very believable.  Why were her and Duggan supposedly out there together?  Just surprised the sheriff accepted it.  I watched it every early this morning, so maybe I wasn't fully awake.

BB was very good in this role.

Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "THE END IS BUT THE BEGINNING" D. JANSSEN BARBARA BARRIE MONDAY 2:00

The episode in photos:

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "THE END IS BUT THE BEGINNING" D. JANSSEN BARBARA BARRIE MONDAY 2:00

[ Edited ]

In case anyone is wondering where I got the strange spelling of the name Aiemee, that's the way it is spelled on imdb.

To backtrack, I mentioned earlier there was something objectionable in the opening scene when I watched. Aiemee walked in the door calling out "Richard..." I immediately got annoyed because I started wondering: Why is she calling him by his real name? Just as I think ME could be a lot more selective in the scenes they delete, I also think The Fuge editors could have been more judicious in their selections for the opening scenes. Often they reveal too much and that's how I felt about this one.

Yesterday I mentioned Aiemee was a little reserved with her display of pleasure after Kimble agreed to go to the play and why she may been. I think she knew her boss was watching her through the window. Even though he hadn't yet made his declaration at that time, it was obvious he had feelings for her. Since the tickets were on the desk along with the invoices, she knew he probably had spied them so she didn't want to be totally insensitive.

The clothes Kimble was wearing were not purchased by him. When he asked Aiemee where they came from she said she had got them for a cousin. Since she had to turn in Kimble's personal effects he was stuck with whatever she had which just happened to fit him.

Honored Contributor

@Tique. That's a typo at IMdb. I just looked at the credits at the end of the show itself and it's Aimee which is the French way of spelling Amy and was popular here for a while. Sometimes Amy is still spelled that way. 

The opener preview didn't bother me. I don't think calling DJ Richard gave too much away but rather made me curious as to how and why this woman knows who Kimble is.  I think those intros were chosen to keep the viewer tuned in. Whether they were always successful (that is, my reaction vs your reaction) can be debated.

I thought it was odd in this show that the narrator, whom I don't think was Wm Conrad this time, jumped in during the show when Kimble was lying behind the bushes bleeding, to explain how Kimble might get off the hook by being "dead."

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla,  I also find Gerard's presence "ominous" in each episode, and the suspense of whether he'd catch Kimble there was killing me.  It's that about him, and also his disdain for people in general, the various "little" people who might be obstructing his all-important ongoing search, that continually bugs me about him...

I was also struck by the kind of lacerating self-examination Kimble was doing, @Pearlee ,  when he even questioned his "opportunism" re the dead hitch-hiker.   He seemed to be briefly at the end of his rope after all his traumatic experiences with the crash, etc., and was being unusually hard on himself...

Ha, ha, @chloe4578 , your comment summing up the various women's pragmatic attitude toward Kimble,   "look, I love you, but I really want to get out of this town",  is hilarious, and no doubt true for a lot of seemingly ardent relationships!  Especially considering the lonely burghs a lot of them find themselves stuck in....

I'm glad you raised that interesting question about the skip, @twinsister --  now that you ask that, I think, given the kind of performer she was, that she probably came up with that herself-- and it was perfect, wasn't it!  (By the way, you might have missed my response to you about her on Route 66, it's way back there if you missed it.)

@Tique,  I saw that unusual spelling --  "Aiemee" on Imdb too, and tried to reproduce it, then gave up and lazily went with Amy!  I wonder if it was a typo...    Absolutely, point well taken about them showing that particular clip of Aiemee at the beginning-- when I heard her say "Richard",  I was confused also.   MeTV has so much to answer for...

Aiemee may very well have been aware her boss was watching her and Kimble, now that you mention it.  Also, since it had obviously been a social risk for her to offer the tickets to Kimble, she probably didn't want to show him how delighted she was that he took her up on it-- but the jubilant little skip and the unconscious smoothing of her hair told the tale....

Honored Contributor

@Oznell  See my post above yours - we posted at the same time about Aimee.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister   I agree with @Oznell  about the skip. That doesn't seem like something a man would have come up with. How do I know it was a man? Glad you asked. Keep reading.

@Oznell   I came across this  List of The Fugitive Episodes  and thought you might like it since it gives so much information for each episode including the writer and the geographical location, something you have mentioned before.