Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "THE END IS BUT THE BEGINNING" D. JANSSEN BARBARA BARRIE MONDAY 2:00 A.M.

...because some photos deserve a post of their own.  Hmmm!!!

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Re: THE FUGITIVE "THE END IS BUT THE BEGINNING" D. JANSSEN BARBARA BARRIE MONDAY 2:00 A.M.

[ Edited ]

@Tique. 🤣🤣🤣

About last night's epi, in response to @Oznell 's question as to why Aimee "slipped up" when she mentioned the one-armed man, I think she was just sticking up for Kimble and pointing out to Gerard that perhaps he should be looking for someone else too, rather than be obsessively focused on Kimble.  However, after explaining to Gerard how she knew about the one-armed man, by reading about the case in aSt. Louis newspaper, why didn't Gerard be even more suspicious of her? Because if she had followed the case, surely Kimble's photo had appeared and so why didn 't she recognize him as soon as he started at the trucking ccompany?  You ladies keep pointing out how Kimble is barely disguised by his hair dying, and she did identify him in the police station by his Wanted poster!  The "brilliant" Gerard missed that point!

I loved how Kimble made Aimee really go to the drug store after she said she was going there because Gerard was probably watching. Nice touch not to leave that a loose end.  

When Kimble was hiding in the kitchen with the cat, it reminded me that same suspense ploy of hiding just in the next room was used in the epi when he went home to visit his father and was hiding in sister Donna's kitchen or dining room when Gerard comes to the house.

Honored Contributor

Re: @Re: THE FUGITIVE "THE END IS BUT THE BEGINNING" D. JANSSEN BARBARA BARRIE MONDAY 2:00

@Pearlee  I also recognized the comment Aiemee made about the one-armed man was probably a slip but if it was she certainly was quick on her feet. Back to that poster - I retrieved the photo from Cry Uncle and it was such a poor likeness that unless you really looked at it, you could miss the 'wanted guy' and Kimble are one and the same.

Even though I missed that also {Good catch.}, I agree with you Gerard shouldn't have and at the very least should have made some kind of comment. To which Aiemee would have responded something like "I was keeping up with the story but didn't spend a lot of time staring at his picture". In case there's any doubt I loved her character.

Starting today no more griping about his lack of a disguise. From me. Evil smiley 2

Have errands to run so will return later with additional input.

One last thought: I was pleased MeTV didn't cut the skip but as usual they cut some relevant scenes.

Honored Contributor

Re: @Re: THE FUGITIVE "THE END IS BUT THE BEGINNING" D. JANSSEN BARBARA BARRIE MONDAY 2:00

@Tique. That would have been an excellent response if indeed Gerard had asked Aimee.👍

I also liked her character very much, esp what I commented about before. That she was very interested in, and attracted to, Kimble but didn't fawn all over him making a fool of herself.   

When Kimble told her at the end to give Duggan a chance, I thought to myself, "but Kimble, he just doesn't float her boat (as we used to say) like  YOU do." 😄

Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "THE END IS BUT THE BEGINNING" D. JANSSEN BARBARA BARRIE MONDAY 2:00

@Tique. P.S.  In stories running in newspapers during the trial, it wouldn't have been the Wanted poster's photo since he wasn't Wanted yet. It would have been the handsome gray haired doctor's photo, probably dressed in a suit and tie, in the St Louis newspapers about the trial, looking very much like Kimble only with gray hair. 

Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "THE END IS BUT THE BEGINNING" D. JANSSEN BARBARA BARRIE MONDAY 2:00 A.M.

I liked this episode. I think I liked how everyone seemed to be firing on all cylinders. If they did slip up they were quick to recover. I liked how everyone was trying to out wit one another.

Sadly you knew that Gerard would still be looking for Kimble at the end of the episode because that is the whole premise of the show. I think with every episode that he is in, he gets a bit scarier.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

I liked this episode. I think I liked how everyone seemed to be firing on all cylinders. If they did slip up they were quick to recover. I liked how everyone was trying to out wit one another.

Sadly you knew that Gerard would still be looking for Kimble at the end of the episode because that is the whole premise of the show. I think with every episode that he is in, he gets a bit scarier.

@drizzellla. I loved when Aimee said to Kimble about Gerard that he was scary!  I really did like how scary his eyes were in this episode. Half-crazed eyes.  I like your description that everyone was firing onallcylinders, including Duggan who gave some snappy, quick-thinking answers at the end.

Did anyone else think Barrie's acting after she got shot was just dreadful? I thought her collapse was comically bad!

Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "THE END IS BUT THE BEGINNING" D. JANSSEN BARBARA BARRIE MONDAY 2:00

@Pearlee   you're right. It wouldn't have been the poster but even in this picture - that would have been all grainy in the newspaper - someone still may not have made the connection.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique  👍 

He sure is David Handsome! Heart

Honored Contributor

@Oznell. Speaking of Kimble's hair, there were a lot of shots of the back of his head in this epi, esp when he sneaks back to his room to write the letter. His hair in back was definitely wavy but slicked down. Remember the bust Tuesday Weld did with wavey hair and I mentioned DJ's hair is wavy in  the back but slicked down?