Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "SHADOW OF THE SWAN" MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

[ Edited ]

@Tique. Maybe whoever was willing to play poker with him?

This epi remimds me of The Bad Seed. I should look up the year the first version of that film was made.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Tique. Maybe whoever was willing to play poker with him?

This epi remimds me of The Bad Seed. I should look up the year the first version of that film was made.

@Pearlee  I knew that was the thinking behind the statement but the reality is no one even came with the lieutenant in what seemed to have been a condolence call. Before leaving he extended an invitation to join him and the guys for a game of poker. The guys may not have even known Harry was invited but I guess they really had no say-so since the game was at the Lt.'s house. The "friends" is actually an assumption.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

Re: \THE FUGITIVE "SHADOW OF THE SWAN" MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

That's true, @Tique --  I had the same idea as @Pearlee , that the other friends were the other players.  But you're right, we don't really know if they'd be on board the way his pal David Sheiner, the Lt., was.  Just an (unfounded) extrapolation on my part!   Perhaps though the Lt. wouldn't have set up the poker session if he thought any of the other guys would raise a fuss or embarrass Harry?  He seemed pretty shrewd.

@Pearlee,   hubby shouted the same thing on viewing this episode--  "Bad Seed"!! 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell  Your hubby and I have often agreed!

Honored Contributor

You have indeed, @Pearlee !  And, just like you all do, he fairly often gives me a whole other perspective to contemplate in the episodes...

Respected Contributor

I just assumed it since he was invited to play poker. Can't imagine spending an evening together if others didn't want him there. And usually poker games include at least four players.

Respected Contributor

The Bad Seed was on Broadway in 1954 just prior to the movie.

Honored Contributor

Per IMdb the movie The Bad Seed was released in Sept 1956, ten years before The Fuge epi.