Esteemed Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "NOT WITH A WHIMPER" D. JANSSEN MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

I thought it was strange that for a factory of that nature and size it didn't have any employees such as security guards or skeleton crew on the weekends.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

I thought it was strange that for a factory of that nature and size it didn't have any employees such as security guards or skeleton crew on the weekends.

@twinsister  Bsck then, not as much crime. Small town, I can see not having security guards mid-1960s, although if people were protesting, they should have. I do think you are over-thinking this now though. 

Respected Contributor

@twinsister, good point. And that location of the loud speaker, was it at the guard shack, with no guard?

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee, they seem to have meant Mac to be 'complex',  but I just don't believe the writing of his character supported the wide gaps between his rational and less rational moments.

I hadn't thought about the lack of security for the factory, @twinsister ,  but you make a fair point.  I wonder if the fact that the plant was in a relatively small town, "Hempstead Mills, West Virginia" might partly explain it?