Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "NOT WITH A WHIMPER" D. JANSSEN MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

[ Edited ]

@twinsister wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Meant to tell @twinsister  I noticed the prices in the window of the Diner at the beginning, and the dime for just the coffee after Kimble didn't eat the pie.

@Pearlee - I noticed those prices too - sixty five cents for a cheeseburger and fries!!

@twinsister  I think the cheeseburger and fries were 98 cents and some kind of sandwich was the 65 cents! 😂

LOL @ the pie and "Things weren't going to go well for him in that town!"

Honored Contributor

Ha, @twinsister ,   about that diner guy you mention--  that interlude with the diner guy I found to be welcome comic relief, especially with Kimble's humorously skeptical expression looking at the wreck of the pie, and the counter guy being all nonchalant about it...   I know I've seen that actor, Joseph Perry in other things, too. 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Yes, @Pearlee ,  as to the allusion to the Beatles, that struck me too, and was funny!   A rather rare reference within the series, I think, to then-current pop culture of any kind.  At least, I can't think of many others.

And funny, of all the pop culture references to pick, the writers picked something still popular and known world wide almost 60 yrs later. In interviews with the Beatles in the year of this Fugitive, 1965, even they didn't expect to last very long.

Honored Contributor

The first thing I noticed was Dr. Andrew Emmett McAllister's eyebrows.

Not sure it was my TV but I don't think I have ever seen eyebrows that stuck out and looked like they were frozen.

Wish I could check out the episode again. I admit I nodded off at the middle. 

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Not sure it was my TV but I don't think I have ever seen eyebrows that stuck out and looked like they were frozen.

@drizzellla  So glad you mentioned his eyebrows because I'd meant to. The ends of them looked like they'd been trimmed with a serrated scissors!  Every time he was on camera I was so distracted by his eyebrows and bottom teeth...that's all I saw!

Bummer having to stay up til 3:00 a.m. to watch the whole show. I'm loving my complete set which I've been watching at my leisure, not MeTV.

Honored Contributor

I just wanted to digress and say I love the music theme of the Fugitive, it is so haunting and fits the Fugitive perfectly.  So many of the detective series in the past had great theme songs, Rt.66, Mr. Lucky to name but two.  Music and settings always enhance and the Fugitive has those two elements down pat.

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

I just wanted to digress and say I love the music theme of the Fugitive, it is so haunting and fits the Fugitive perfectly.  So many of the detective series in the past had great theme songs, Rt.66, Mr. Lucky to name but two.  Music and settings always enhance and the Fugitive has those two elements down pat.

@spiderw  I so agree with you about the theme song....it is perfect. And the violin music played during the show in certain scenes  tugs at the viewer's heartstrings. 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

@drizzellla  So glad you mentioned his eyebrows because I'd meant to. The ends of them looked like they'd been trimmed with a serrated scissors!  Every time he was on camera I was so distracted by his eyebrows and bottom teeth...that's all I saw!

Bummer having to stay up til 3:00 a.m. to watch the whole show. I'm loving my complete set which I've been watching at my leisure, not MeTV.

Glad you have the complete set. You know you are watching the compete episode and at your leisure.

I was trying to figure out his eyebrows that I never noticed his teeth.

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla & @Pearlee - I didn't notice his teeth, but I did notice his eyebrows.  To me, they looked like they were growing down, like bangs.  Very strange.

@spiderw - Love the music from the Fuge.  My favorite was Route 66.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister@drizzellla. I can't believe you two didn't notice his teeth! All I saw whenever he talked was bottom teeth which is odd not to see top teeth, and they were so prominent.  Maybe there is a clip of him on YouTube somewhere where you can see what I mean. 🦷🦷🦷🦷🦷🦷🦷🦷🦷🦷🦷