Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE-- "NIGHTMARE AT NORTHOAK". DAVID JANSSEN MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

@Oznell Yes I remember that episode. I love the ones with Jacqueline Scott as Kimble's sister. She looks so much like him-- brilliant casting. In that episode there is a nerve-wracking scene where Donna's kids almost give hiding Kimble away to Gerard.(I think her name in the show was Donna).
Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE-- "NIGHTMARE AT NORTHOAK". DAVID JANSSEN MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

@Oznell Out of curiosity I looked up Jacqueline Scott on imdb. She is 88 yrs old and still married to her husband whom she married in 1958! Good for her!
Honored Contributor

Wow, that's great that Jacqueline Scott is still with us, @Pearlee .  I agree, she was excellent and lined up with David Janssen perfectly.  They really seemed like siblings also in the way they related to each other-- great chemistry.  I'm thinking she was maybe in just two other episodes with him-- wish there were more...

Honored Contributor

I am learning about the Fugitive as I go along.

I could tell just by the lighting that you weren't supposed to like Lieutenant Gerard. They made sure he looked unflattering in his first several scenes. Helps a novice like me figure things out.

Honored Contributor

You are so observant, @drizzellla !   I will look for that when I get to watch.  I'm glad you're following the show-- so many good episodes upcoming. 

Right now it looks like I will be able to watch sometime in the late afternoon.  Whew, a nice break from all the other stuff whirling around!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell. According to WIki she was in only 4 episodes which included the 2 final episodes. But I think she was in one or two more. Off the top of my head I can think of the episode with Kimble's father and one where a newspaper journalist in Chicago (Pat Hingle I think it was) wants Kimble to turn himself in and Donna flies to Chicago to meet up with her brother and Gerard is on her tail thinking she'll lead him to Kimble but I think she was in one or two more, although I could be mistaken.

I stayed up and watched last night's excellent episode. Loved the ending. The bus crash was kind of hokey; watch for a ton of black smoke pouring out of the bus! Also meant to say yesterday that Overton has a very distinctive voice. You'll recognize immediately that he was in To Kill A Mockingbird. Also Kimble's dream sequence provides the backdrop for what was shown over ending credits (Kimble seen from the back with suitcase running amid a brick building).
Honored Contributor

Wow, @Pearlee , I had forgotten about Jacqueline Scott being in those ending episodes! 

Those dream sequences with Kimble are so haunting-- that's when the show seems the most like classic film noir to me, with dramatic lighting, dark alleys and wet, ominous, echoing streets...

Honored Contributor

@Oznell. Listen closely to what Kimble tells Gerard about his dream or rather nightmare. It's a quick one line so easy to miss but it's brilliant. I think delivering that one line was the whole reason for the dream sequence. Love this show!
Honored Contributor

I'll be on the lookout for it, @Pearlee !   Ditto to loving this show!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell Did you watch this yet from recording it Sunday?