Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE-- "NIGHTMARE AT NORTHOAK". DAVID JANSSEN MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

I did, @Pearlee .   Was that brief, throwaway comment that Kimble makes to Gerard when he says,  "Your biggest nightmare is finding the one-armed man- after I'm dead!" ?

Of course, he put it over better than that!  It does fly by very quickly, and Janssen is always so soft-spoken.  That whole conversation was so odd, with Gerard dragging on a cigarette and saying "You must hate me".   He's such a strange, unbending character, even when he's at the sheriff's house having dinner.

If I'm ever a fugitive I hope I don't have an obsessive like Gerard after me!

Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE-- "NIGHTMARE AT NORTHOAK". DAVID JANSSEN MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

@Oznell @Pearlee   When the sheriff's wife asked Gerard repeatedly "Did he kill his wife", he never answered her question with a "Yes" or "No". I think his refusal to give her that direct answer helped her decide he didn't. She was already conflicted about why a man who murdered his wife would take such a chance to save children and a man he didn't even know. It was no small feat for a woman with such a strong/ethical belief system to do something like help a convicted murderer to escape.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Wow, @Tique -- great point, I think you are right.  I love that several of us are watching, we bring stuff to each other's attention and makes it so much more interesting.

It was a huge step for her, just as you say, to go beyond her training and long-held beliefs, and act upon her instinct about Kimble. 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell. Yes that was Kimble's brief remark that I meant. Saying that Gerard's own nightmare is finding the one-armed man after Kimble was dead [from execution]. Great sentence and yes, Janssen should have spoken up to deliver that line! 😄