Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "NICEST FELLA YOU'D EVER WANT TO MEET" D. JANSSEN P. HINGLE MONDAY 2:00 A

@drizzellla   I posted a comment to you yesterday and I gave my take on the title then. Maybe you missed it. It's in Message 10 and since I'm never sure if everyone sorts their messages the same way, I posted it at 7:53A CT.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "NICEST FELLA YOU'D EVER WANT TO MEET" D. JANSSEN P. HINGLE MONDAY 2:00 A

I liked your comment @Tique , about the public facade that JB maintained, looking like a magnanimous person, but with all the rot and corruption behind it.   Early on, you could see the cracks, as when his bonhomie slipped a tiny bit with the kids, when he snarled something uncomplimentary about one of the kid's fathers who was apparently on to some of his deceptions....

I hadn't thought at all about the job offer thing, but yes, good point!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell  continuing on with the job thing, the mayor even confided not only was his son having a problem in that area but he [mayor] had been sending his son money to help him resulting in his own savings beginning to dip substantially. Another reason why I still think he would have been satisfied with either job.

Joe Bob was cagey enough to get around that mayor who - in no shape or form - was a match for JB. I'm done.

Honored Contributor

I will not be posting a Memorable Exchange this week. Multi viewings of this episode and I have nothing.

Esteemed Contributor

Since this thread is finished, hope you all don't mind if I go off topic briefly.

@Oznell  - Barry Morse is a guest on tomorrow's The Invaders.  Wonder if he will bring some of his Lt. Gerard persona to this role!

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

Since this thread is finished, hope you all don't mind if I go off topic briefly.

@Oznell  - Barry Morse is a guest on tomorrow's The Invaders.  Wonder if he will bring some of his Lt. Gerard persona to this role!

@twinsister  I'm thinking he'll probably have an American accent in that show too. I don't think I've ever seen him in anything except TF.

Honored Contributor

Ha, never worry here about the "off-topic" thing, thoughtful @twinsister .   Anything having to do with retro TV and its actors and participants is welcome on this thread.   And nobody ever goes on for very long, anyway.  It's good.

Wow, I had forgotten about Barry Morse being on "Invaders"!  It's one where he teamed up with Diana Muldaur, in an interesting way.  I could be wrong, but I think I vaguely remember that he is, in fact, obnoxious even on "The Invaders"!!  But I don't remember enough to be sure, and don't want to spoil your enjoyment.  Now I'm really looking forward to the episode.  Let me know what you think of it after viewing....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
  • @Oznell  @twinsister. I actually do think someone should start an Invaders thread. For one thing, there are probably people who would be interested in it who don't read this thread. For another more minor reason I never particularly liked that show and would rather not come to this thread and, seeing a new post, open it only to find out that it's about another retro  TV show I'm not interested in or never liked (waste of time then). That said, your post wasn't off topic IMO twinsister because it was about Barry Morse so it was TF-related esp if he plays a similar type character to Gerard. 🙂