Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "NEVER STOP RUNNING" DAVID JANSSEN, JOANNA MOORE 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

I meant to write one other thing in my post above. At the beginning of the show Kimble faced the exact same dilemma he did last week when Gus wanted him to stay to be there as Gus declined, just when Kimble was set to leave. When he was asked to stay and help the boy as he was leaving town, he had the same dilemma and exact same "struggling with the decision" look on his face.

Interesting that was part of the plot line two weeks on a row.
Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "NEVER STOP RUNNING" DAVID JANSSEN, JOANNA MOORE 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

As usual I am fascinated reading all the background info on the actors who appeared in this week's episode Thank you.

@twinsister  Joanna Moore played Peggy. I remembered her as soon as I saw her on screen. She and Andy dated briefly on his show.

@Pearlee  you have mentioned the wiseness of Kimble getting into brawls which could possibly lead to police being called. I'm always a little anxioius when Kimble's medical knowlege is recognized. From the conversation he was having in the truck at the beginning of the episode, it was obvious the driver thought highly of him and his medical skills. I was surprised he addressed him as "Doc" although we know Kimble constantly reminded him/everyone else "I'm not a doctor". Through conversation it later came out he had been working as an ambulance driver. It was apparent it was  time for him to leave that particular location.

Right from the time the car caught up with them it was obvious something wasn't right. The "mother" didn't know her child's age. She didn't seem to have a maternal bone in her body.

@Oznell   I didn't observe the level of sublety that Kimble usually conveyed. I saw outright disdain directed toward Moore's and Akins' characters. He seemed to have a higher opinion and consequently higher expectation of the younger brother.

@Pearlee  I also thought of Colleen. Kimble showed the same care and regard as he gingerly carried Jimmie when they first escaped and after they arrived at the hospital. During the fight I didn't observe anything "off" but I was struck by Jimmie crawling to the hospital entrance because he couldn't pull himself up to walk.

"What If I Fall?

Oh My Darling, What If You Fly?"

Honored Contributor

@Tique. While yes, it is a danger for Kimble to give himself away as having doctor skills, I've always excused that more than the brawling because he took a hippocratic oath when he became a doctor and so feels a big obligation to help out medically of he can. Throughout the series he explains it away in ways such as you heard last night (he also mentions having some medic-type role in the army in some episodes to explain it away). It's harder to explain away the brawling though! 😄

In fact he does stick out like a sore thumb at some of those menial jobs and people become suspicious about him being way overeducated for them even without revealing any medical skills. Clearly he's a classy and well educated guy, one reason a lot of women swoon over him in the show.
Honored Contributor

@Tique. I forgot to ask in my post above whether you liked this episode.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee   of course you are correct. Intellectually I know he has to do it; however you get the sense that even if he had never taken that oath, he would do it anyway because that's who he is. It's one of the reasons we pull for him. I wouldn't want him to act differently when it comes to helping someone but it still makes me anxious.

As far as the brawls, he never seems to start them but he doesn't walk away from them either.

Those suit jackets and the neatly pressed slacks do tend to stick out. Not to mention his mannerisms, his temperament, and the way he speaks.

"What If I Fall?

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@Tique. I forgot to ask in my post above whether you liked this episode.

@Pearlee I did. Just not as much as some others.

Maybe because the only person I really liked and connected with was Jimmie. Oops almost forgot about the truck driver. He was pleasant enough but after the first couple of minutes, he was gone.

"What If I Fall?

Honored Contributor

@Tique 🤣🤣🤣 about the jacket and neatly pressed slacks. Esp since he travels from town to town either on a bus or by hopping trains.
Esteemed Contributor

I knew something was up when like @Tique  said, the mother didn't know the boy's age, but I never suspected a kidnapping plot.   When Helen walked up to the truck, I thought she would swoon when she saw Kimble, but she didn't seem too impressed.  Guess she had to portray the worried mother.

@Oznell  - I didn't notice any stuntman during the fight scene, but I also thought it might have been when his face was distorted. I even played it back, but that is all that looked different to me.

@Pearlee - good point about how Kimble carried the boy so gently as he did with Colleen. 

I'm so glad you ladies point out all these little details, that I may miss.

For me the hospital scene is a reminder of how old this show (or any show set in the 60's) is compared to today.  Kimble walks in, hands the kid over and the nurse goes along with it. Not one mention of "what  insurance do you have?"  - LOL!!

Honored Contributor

@twinsister 😆about the insurance.
I did think that, and also about lots of security these days too.

Since we are the same age twinsister, we remember these much simpler more innocent times. Same for Elmer's gluing a photo onto a passport last week. That was certainly credible when The Fugitive first aired.
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee - so true - a much simpler time.  Elmer's glue and the passport picture - LOL!