Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "MIDDLE OF A HEAT WAVE" D. JANSSEN, CAROL ROSSEN MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN

I remember liking this more the first one (or two?) times I saw it, than I did this time.  I agree that it was a muddled, strange family dynamic, and I also find Laurel to have few redeeming qualities for Kimble to have gotten rather close to--  from her lashing out and leaving those scratch marks on Kimble's face, to deliberately trying to get him in trouble, and then still declining to tell the truth when she knew the score--  awful.   Frank and Sheila in their own ways, also deeply troubling, obviously.  And, for sure, @twinsister ,  Sheila's reaction to the news of her husband and sister-- your word "tame" is undoubtedly true.

When things are left this much hanging, I usually attribute it to the writing of the characters--  too many blank spaces and muddy motivations.  It's a talented group of actors here, but they can only do so much with what's on (or not on) the page....   

Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "MIDDLE OF A HEAT WAVE" D. JANSSEN, CAROL ROSSEN MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN

[ Edited ]

@Tique  Good thought about Sheila being concerned about keeping up appearances  Wives like her weren't unusual in the 1960s esp earlier in the decade. Most women did not work outside the home and so were dependent on their husband's income to live off of. Many had the goal to "marry well."  Because they were supported by their husbands IMO they were more tolerant than women today to overlook a man's dalliances.   But I do agree with @twinsister  that a dalliance with her own sister was a bit much, even for a woman who would usually turn a blind eye.  I do think, Tique. It was a one-time seduction by Laurel who was drunk and wanted vengeance on Kimble. I agree with your post and @twinsister 's including her  answers to the questions she posed.

I was really "into" the mid 1960s looks, esp Sheila's French twist and shirt waist dress. My mother loved shirt waist dresses and wore them her whole adult life. In noticing Laurel's dress (neckline) I thought Rossen was pretty flat- chested, and how bresst implants were either non existent or rare back then. Twiggy and Mia Farrow figures were popular I think. Or maybe couple of years later.

I still really liked this epi, despite some of the negative remarks.although I agree -- why would Kimble like Laurel?  Hormones perhaps.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is the other Fuge J.D. Cannon was in -- as a sheriff in Season 3.

Take a look at my comment underneath all the photos! 😁

@drizzellla  @twinsister   @chloe4578 

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee - Over a year ago!!

Regular Contributor

@drizzellla 

Just a bunch of sweaty people.  That just about says it all!