Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "MAN ON A STRING" DAVID JANSSEN LOIS NETTLETON MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN M

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee  @twinsister  well actually Lucy didn't say that line about him making it. It was George.

"Nothing from him?"

Lucy shaking her head.

"I just hope he makes it."

"He will. If he just keeps on walking next time."

I know. I'm annoying.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "MAN ON A STRING" DAVID JANSSEN LOIS NETTLETON MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN M

@Tique. I'm glad your impression is also one of no hanky panky.🙂

Yes. The conversation with the old man in the truck who was to be a juror is what made Kimble return -- to save Lucy from a certain guilty verdict since all the jurors would probably think like the old man. Interesting how Kimble refused to give a false name when asked his name. He would not tell a lie.

Yes I'm sure Lucy and George became an item after he served his 18 months. I'm not sure though I'd give Kimble as much credit as you do for Lucy's improved choice in men. Her married lover was dead and George was interested in her.
I'm not sure how much she changed and whether it was Kimble's brief encounter with her that changed her.

Totally agree with what you wrote about Amy. She was indeed manipulative.
Honored Contributor

@Tique. Even if George said the line, to answer twinsister's question Lucy knew Kimble's identity.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee  - yes - a good shot of those triangle eyes!

Forgot to add - I agree with @Oznell  and @Tique  about the title.  Kimble was like a puppet with the strings being pulled by not only George, but Amy too when she learned his identity.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister   glad you mentioned Kimble stopping to help the little boy. Usually it's just him and possibly his suitcase.

@Pearlee   yes Lucy knew. It was nice she and George were pulling for Kimble.

Wonder what Amy did with that information...

Honored Contributor

I did like this episode. I watched it at 2AM and did not fall asleep once.

I never did figure out who the Deputy was "sweet" on. He definitely cared about Amy because he had such a strong reaction to what Luke said and acted with Amy. But I also think he cared about Lucy.

I don't think anything more than what we saw happened between Lucy and Richard Kimble. Or Lucy would be "hanging" on to him more than she was. 

And the Deputy admitted what he did because that was just the type of guy he was. He couldn't keep it in. He told Amy so you knew it was just a matter of time before it was common knowledge and he would be telling other people.

And yes I did look for the suitcase in the beginning scene and the ending scene.

But I thought it was a bit odd. Both women were wanting to spend time with Luke. And he was such a jerk. You wonder why 2 women wanted Luke in their lives.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla. Well Lucy said it was because he loved her, and I don't think from her reputation that she was too particular. As for Amy I think it was just because they were married that she wanted him, no other good reason.
Glad your impression also was Kimble and Lucy were chaste. I agree Lucy would have been hanging onto him even more if something had happened -good point!

And I meant to say above - the big reason Kimble had little impact on George or Lucy bettering their lives is that George confessed, which he probably would have done whether Kimble came back or not. He wouldn't have let Lucy go to jail (or stay in jaill) for a crime he committed. So I honestly don't see this episode as following bv the weekly formula as much where Kimble makes someone's life much better.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee  after reflecting on Lucy a bit more, I came up with another POV. Maybe her initial thinking wasn't about herself. It could have been she had a poor opinion of men. She seemed to think that every man wanted/expected something from her. Usually sexual. Maybe that's what she was used to. Until Kimble. She made a comment to George when she introduced him to Kimble saying he had fixed her car, saving her from a long walk to town, and was a lot nicer than most men.

Honored Contributor

@Tique Well of course anything is possible, we only have the script to go on. It seem to me though that Lucy was the aggressor sexually. So we don't know how she got that way. I didn't see where every man wanted something from her sexually but rather she was the invitor (at least with Kimble) and she was the one reaching out to George at the end (after all he wasn't in a position to chase her!) I guess the bottom line is we don't know how she got to be the town tramp but she seemed highly sexed to me! She came on to Kimble very strongly when he wanted nothing from her. And as I wrote earlier, I think part of Kimble's thank you kiss motivation was that he knew she wanted more from him physically that he wasn't giving.
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee - Aren't you glad Kimble didn't give her what she wanted???   LOL!!