Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "LANDSCAPE WITH RUNNING FIGURES PART 2" DAVID JANSSEN MONDAY 2:00 A.M. E

@twinsister wrote:

@Oznell & @Pearlee - Going a little off topic briefly.

Today when I  watched The Invaders, they said Anne Francis was a guest star.  I thought to myself - "I don't remember oznell mentioning Anne Francis being in this episode".  Then It dawned on me I was watching T.I. and not the Fuge!!  I'm getting my 1960's shows mixed up!!

@twinsister  You are just a little ahead of yourself. She is in a future TF. 😁

Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "LANDSCAPE WITH RUNNING FIGURES PART 2" DAVID JANSSEN MONDAY 2:00 A.M. E

Ha, ha, that's easy to do, (get the shows mixed up) @twinsister !    Anne Francis was not only in Fuge and "The Invaders", she was in one of the better "Cannon" episodes as well.  She really made the rounds, and she was always good.  It's about time for sassy "Honey West" to be re-screened....

Honored Contributor

Well, I guess now it's safe to say what my pivotal thing was that I forgot about the episode:

Confession--   I somehow forgot that Marie Gerard fought to the end to try to deliver Kimble to her husband, so that Gerard would turn back to the marriage!

Somehow, I was remembering a more "gauzey" version, where Marie succumbed somewhat to Kimble's plight, and in the end helped him--  or at least didn't try to harm him to help herself.....

Good grief.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

...Confession--   I somehow forgot that Marie Gerard fought to the end to try to deliver Kimble to her husband, so that Gerard would turn back to the marriage!...

@Oznell   Really? I didn't get that at all. Not even a little.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Oh, fascinating, @Tique !   Well, that is how I saw it this time--  all of her ploys to keep him with her, even to running after him, falling, etc.  Suggesting he'd get a reward if he stayed.   I had forgotten all that.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Well, I guess now it's safe to say what my pivotal thing was that I forgot about the episode:

Confession--   I somehow forgot that Marie Gerard fought to the end to try to deliver Kimble to her husband, so that Gerard would turn back to the marriage!

Somehow, I was remembering a more "gauzey" version, where Marie succumbed somewhat to Kimble's plight, and in the end helped him--  or at least didn't try to harm him to help herself.....

Good grief.

@Oznell  That twist you forgot was what I too forgot. But I wouldn't put it "she fought to the end" exactly.  She hadn't seen and recognized him on the bus -- we saw her with her head down when he boarded the bus. She only realized who he was when Kimble talked about his hometown's one and a half newspapers in the restaurant that she realized who he was and tried to detain him.  In my opinion.

Honored Contributor

No, no, I agree @Pearlee ,  that she didn't know till that late conversation in the abandoned bar/restaurant.  But once she knew, she was determined.

I was a bit surprised--  sure, she wanted to save her marriage.  But what Kimble had done for her, his obvious integrity-- did that not merit at least not trying to give him away?   She could have let him slip away.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

No, no, I agree @Pearlee ,  that she didn't know till that late conversation in the abandoned bar/restaurant.  But once she knew, she was determined.

I was a bit surprised--  sure, she wanted to save her marriage.  But what Kimble had done for her, his obvious integrity-- did that not merit at least not trying to give him away?   She could have let him slip away.

@Oznell  Oh thanks for clarifying your post.  I too remembered her growing to like him for having helped and comforted her so much, although I didn't think she helped him get away.  Funny we forgot and remembered this similarly erroneously!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For me from the time Marie boarded that bus none of her actions were motivated by Gerard or her marriage. I think she did see Kimble as she said when he boarded the bus but was so into her own thoughts that it didn't register. When Gerard called she gave him one more chance to step up and put her first. His hesitancy was what lead her to hang up without even telling him she had been hurt. Of course she wanted Kimble to stay. At least she felt safe with him. She didn't want to be left alone to her own devices with no vision, especially after what had happened with that deviant earlier.

More later...

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Maybe that's what you thought I was saying too, @Tique -- that she knew earlier on about Kimble.  I didn't mean that.

It's just that once she did know, there seemed to be no second thought for her--  she wanted to keep him with her so it "would end".  (Meaning the obsession hubby had with Kimble, etc.)  She seemed not to have qualms about detaining him, and if she hadn't lost consciousness at the end, we're left with the thought that she would have identified him to the police or med techs.   I think?