Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "LANDSCAPE WITH RUNNING FIGURES PART 2" DAVID JANSSEN MONDAY 2:00 A.M. E

@chloe4578--  allow me to digress, slightly, to rejoice and welcome you back to the thread!   I've missed your pungent opinions.   Figured that you were busy and would reappear when you could.

Interesting, as always, @chloe4578 !   An area where I'd depart is that I don't necessarily think that Kimble would have a single motive in taking the truck with Marie;  of course it offered him a way out, but you can never discount his humanitarian doctor's need to get her to help! It's more likely to me that he had a dual motive in doing so.

After all, even after he knew she was deliberately detaining him at the end, he didn't want her to continue to fall and hurt herself running after him.  To me, that's not someone who has escape as his only, paramount concern...

Again, welcome back-- hope to see you regularly again!

Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "LANDSCAPE WITH RUNNING FIGURES PART 2" DAVID JANSSEN MONDAY 2:00 A.M. E

@Oznell   you do a fantastic job with our weekly threads. Not only are you a gifted wordsmith but you make all feel welcome and our opinions valued whether they are similar to yours or not. I know from personal experience that's not always easy.

Pin on Motion Design

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Tique  When I saw you had posted, I thought it was going to be about Helen. 

Honored Contributor

Oh, @Tique ,  that is too kind of you--  much appreciated, especially in light of your wonderful, skillfully managed long-term thread(s) here on the boards.  Many thanks!

Regular Contributor

Thanks @Oznell  but I never really left.  It's just that this season has been so good I really have nothing to add to the conversation.  However, I do watch and read the comments, at least weekly.

I understand your point, but this episode seemed different.  There have been episodes that show the dimension and facets of his personality and this was one of them.  It also struck me that Kimble kind of walked down memory lane with Marie and reminisced about his marriage to Helen.  He really talked too much.  Big mistake getting too personal with a stranger!

Kimble is a good Doctor with good instincts  but his goal is to find the man with one arm and prove his innocence.  To avoid being caught by Gerard.  He's always looking over his shoulder and has been on the streets for 3 years.  He's still a man on the run and surviving is the name of the game.  Gone is the old Kimble and I feel the writers are bringing this out more in this season.

Honored Contributor

Oh, glad to hear you've still been watching, @chloe4578 !  I like and somewhat agree with your intuitive sense that the writers are having Kimble "evolve" this season;  will be on the lookout for signs!