Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE- "HOME IS THE HUNTED" DAVID JANSSEN MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

I watched this last night. Ugh all that engine racing noise in the wee morning hours was a bit much.

Now that @Oznell mentioned it I saw a lot of resemblance between the junior and senior Keiths. It's just that their physiques are so different I wouldn't have noticed similarities unless I was looking closely at their faces.

Clint Howard was really young in this. When the 2 boys were playing with toy scuba diving gear, I figured it had to do with the program Sea Hunt!
Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE- "HOME IS THE HUNTED" DAVID JANSSEN MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

Yes, @Pearlee ,  Brian Keith seemed stocky, while his father was slim and rather gaunt (of course, he was older in this part, after a long career in movies and TV).  But you are right, when you look at their facial characteristics, you can see some similarities...

I noticed while watching this today, that the race track area with its rugged hills, looked a bit more like California to me, than Indiana where it's supposed to be set!

But I do think that mostly they are able to evoke Midwest settings quite well.  The houses they often focus on are in reality located in places like Santa Monica or Pasadena, but they could be on any pleasant street in Sixties' U.S.A.!

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  - Just finished both episodes and enjoyed them very much.   Even though I watched with my family when the show was originally on, I didn't remember them. The Little Egypt episode was good with all the flashbacks.  Jacqueline Scott was perfect as his sister. Andrew Prine, not so much, they could have cast someone else.  According to a quote from Jacqueline S., she said David Janssen was very sweet and had a crazy sense of humor.    David J. was so handsome.  Very sad that he died so young.  Now that I know the actor playing Kimble's father was Brian K's father in real life, I do see a resemblance.  Also very sad regarding Brian K's death.

Thanks again for the reminder about these two episodes.

Honored Contributor

Oh,  so glad you caught them, @twinsister !   You'd probably also really like "The Garden House",  upcoming, either this week or next...