Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "DEVIL'S CARNIVAL" DAVID JANSSEN WARREN OATES MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN ME

Whooohhooo! 👍👍👍👍
TV Noir. Love it!
Thanks for letting us know Tique. 🙂
Esteemed Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "DEVIL'S CARNIVAL" DAVID JANSSEN WARREN OATES MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN ME

I did not like this episode at all.  Can't say one good thing about it, except as others have noted DJ looked very handsome at the beginning in his white shirt.  What is that saying - if he didn't have bad luck, he would have no luck at all!  RK really got involved with a motley group this time.

It surprised me that since Kimble was recognized at the very beginning and there was a comment about the Stafford poice, that Gerard was not in this one.

The character I disliked the most was Marybeth with her hysteria.  I don't blame Tad for wanting to get away from her and all that screaming and demands.

For me this was a real clunker!

Honored Contributor

Well it looks like the regulars in this group are unanimous about not liking this one. @Tique you wrote upthread after @Oznell's initial post that this wasn't the worst epi. Which one do you think was the worst? Unless there is a future one I'm not remembering this one is the worst IMO.
Regular Contributor

@Tique 

Just saw this Jeopardy.  Knew the answer because of the words fleeing title character.

Nice going girl.  Glad to see your comment on it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee  maybe in retrospect it is the worst but not the most disappointing for me. That honor goes to World's End.  Admittedly my knowing of DJ's relationship and supposed chemistry with Pleshette I went into that episode with great expectations and was devastated. I'm not even sure I got out of bed the next day. Kidding!!!

I did notice I'm NOT the only one who felt like the worst character was Marybeth.

Sign smiley 137

ETA: I left out the word "not".  Another fine example of how one word changes the thought/sentence completely.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@chloe4578,   I love that line of yours in regard to this one--    "....So I may have missed something, but it really didn't matter....."

So apt!   I may have to adopt that as my overall life motto, so existential, ha.

@Tique,  me three in relishing that Jeopardy question, thanks for reporting on that.  It gives me a proprietary little glow every time I hear that our "Fuge" has seeped into popular culture...

@twinsister,  your term for them,  "motley group" is just perfect!  What a bunch.  At least you and I (if you have seen this weekend's "Invaders" episode) have the compensation that "The Invaders" this week, with Charles Aidman as the scientist who goes bonkers, who David Vincent helps, is a really good one! 

Hang on for next week's Fuge-- have a feeling we'll most of us, like it as much as we dislike this one...

Honored Contributor

@Tique,  if I'm not mistaken, I think @twinsister agrees with you about the Marybeth character...

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell - I did see this week's Invaders with Charles Aidman and yes, it was a good one!  This may sound weird, but even though The Invaders was made in the 1960's it doesn't seem dated to me.

@Tique - You're not the only who disliked Marybeth the most - I mentioned it an earlier post.  Couldn't stand her!!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@Tique,  if I'm not mistaken, I think @twinsister agrees with you about the Marybeth character...

@Oznell   she did. So did @chloe4578.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell@twinsister   I fixed my statement above. Trying to do too many things at once.