Esteemed Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "DEATH OF A VERY SMALL KILLER" METV 3/14 2:00 A.M. D. JANSSEN

@Pearlee - I thought the same thing when they walked into the isolation ward - where are their masks!!  A sign of our times!

Yes - Carol not throwing herself at Kimble was a nice change.

Regular Contributor

Despite the whole episode not making any sense, I did like this one.

First of all how did and why did Kimble even reach Mexico. I mean seriously, there are two bordertown states being Arizona and California.  Neither one was mentioned.  When he did catch meningitis how did he wander into Mexico, IDK.  Why would the Mexican police even care about an escapee from the United States.  They have no jurisdiction anyway, except to inform authorities in the States that Kimble is there and certainly wouldn't receive any kind of wanted poster.  At least not in 67.

All in all I still liked Kimble's reaction upon finding out that Dr. Howell is hoarding the medicine allowing patients to die.  Kimble was forced to work with Dr. Howell or kidnapped, and really had nothing to lose, since he wanted to leave anyway.  And now that he was dying it was Kimble's time to leave which Dr. Howell allowed him to do.  Personally, I would have preferred Kimble to continue his work but that's another story.  That would have made more sense being that Kimble fell for Carol Lawrence.  Oh well!  And so it goes.  On to next week.

Honored Contributor

@chloe4578 wrote:

Despite the whole episode not making any sense, I did like this one.

First of all how did and why did Kimble even reach Mexico. I mean seriously, there are two bordertown states being Arizona and California.  Neither one was mentioned.  When he did catch meningitis how did he wander into Mexico, IDK.  Why would the Mexican police even care about an escapee from the United States.  They have no jurisdiction anyway, except to inform authorities in the States that Kimble is there and certainly wouldn't receive any kind of wanted poster.  At least not in 67.

All in all I still liked Kimble's reaction upon finding out that Dr. Howell is hoarding the medicine allowing patients to die.  Kimble was forced to work with Dr. Howell or kidnapped, and really had nothing to lose, since he wanted to leave anyway.  And now that he was dying it was Kimble's time to leave which Dr. Howell allowed him to do.  Personally, I would have preferred Kimble to continue his work but that's another story.  That would have made more sense being that Kimble fell for Carol Lawrence.  Oh well!  And so it goes.  On to next week.

@chloe4578  Just a quick response.  Kimble had pneumonia, not meningitis; he was already  getting sick when he boarded the boat. Speaking if which, he got to Mexico by boat to escape the police who were after him. He didn't cross over from a border state.

Glad you liked this epi. 🙂

Regular Contributor

How do you know all this.  Did I miss something?

I know he got to Mexico by boat as sick as he was, but as you commented, why did that guy even help him.

So where did he escape from?  The point being he was really sick, and had to seek refuge somewhere.  It doesn't matter if he had pneumonia or meningitis, he could die from either.

I just don't get it.  In the four years I've been watching this show he has stayed in the states.  Yes, Mexico was a good choice for him, but why now?  To me, it just didn't make sense.

@Pearlee 

Honored Contributor

@chloe4578 wrote:

How do you know all this.  Did I miss something?

I know he got to Mexico by boat as sick as he was, but as you commented, why did that guy even help him.

So where did he escape from?  The point being he was really sick, and had to seek refuge somewhere.  It doesn't matter if he had pneumonia or meningitis, he could die from either.

I just don't get it.  In the four years I've been watching this show he has stayed in the states.  Yes, Mexico was a good choice for him, but why now?  To me, it just didn't make sense.

@Pearlee 

@chloe4578  I'm confused. You asked how I know this and whether you missed something, yet you agreed with my response to you  since the information was in the episode! 

As to where did he escape from:  at the start of the show he's running from police who are after him, as he has been at the beginning of many shows!