Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "DARK CORNER" DAVID JANSSEN, TUESDAY WELD MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

@Oznell 

Spoiler
I did notice it. It was the reason I chose that particular pic - the contrast in the two sculptures. That and the look on the Sheriff's face when he realized "he'd been had". Smiley Mad

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "DARK CORNER" DAVID JANSSEN, TUESDAY WELD MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

I don't see the Spoiler function to use but I can read them. Ditto to @Tique's first sentence in her spoiler above my post @Oznell.
Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell - I can picture the actress who played Zelda very plainly, but don't remember her name.  IMDB to the rescue!  Her name is Sheila James and you are correct, she has been elected to the Assembly and Senate in California.  

@Pearlee  - Tuesday Weld and Dudley Moore are another odd Hollywood couple.  Would never imagine them together.

Honored Contributor

I thought Zelda Gilroy was Sheila Kuehl.
She went to Harvard Law School and later was elected to both the California House of Represetatives and Senate. She became the first openly gay member to serve in the CA state legislature.

@twinsister. We immediately remembered Tuesday from Dobie Gillis because of our age! That was very early T.V. (started in '57) with Maynard G. Krebs as a beatnik! I have an older sister and it was her favorite show so I started watching it with her when I was 5 years old through the very early 1960s.
Honored Contributor

Never mind! I Googled her and she is Sheila James Kuehl.
Honored Contributor

@Tique:

Spoiler
Ha, ha, yes!   That look on his face!

Also gang, I wonder how DJ reacted to seeing himself rendered in that rather 'less-than-ideal' way?  I can see him doing a Cary Grant-like double take, cocking an eyebrow and braying, "Do I really look like that?"   He reputedly had such a good sense of humor, I'm sure he took it in stride....
Honored Contributor

Please don't anyone take this as a criticism but I have a bit of a concern about our discussion thus far. A lot of what would normally be discussed on Monday after the airing on MeTV is being discussed in spoilers. My concern is twofold: (1) do people who haven't seen the show yet really skip over so many spoilers or do they yield to temptation and read them, esp when there are so many on a thread? and (2) if they don't yield to temptation, do they go back and reread the spoilers in all the posts after watching the show? (If not, then they miss a lot of important points about the show that were in spoilers!)

This doesn't matter to @Tique and me who stated we watched the show already but I just brought this up to air this concern because, as I say, we seem to be having a lot of our usual Monday discussion in spoilers.

On the other hand, @Oznell said on one post about last week's show that she had forgotten some other points she was going to make so I do see merit in posting your thoughts while they occur to you!

What does everyone else think?
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee,  no worries--  I don't see why you or anyone shouldn't be able to have differences with various things, and be able to discuss them.

I do think I'm probably coming at this from a slightly different angle.  For my part, I just think that spoilers are a simple courtesy extended to those who might watch the early Monday airing.  They perhaps want to glance at the thread for a quick flavor of the episode, but not have crucial plot points given away before viewing.  I totally trust that, if interested, they'll come back and "fill in" after they have.  Sometimes, there might be more spoilers than other times, like with this episode.

My "philosophy" about threads-- if I have any--  is to keep it simple, and not have too many 'rules' to keep straight (other than the normal QVC guidelines and my own guiding star of courtesy toward all).  For me, that way it stays fun, and a source of relaxation and even escape during these "difficult times", to use another QVC phrase, ha.

I have a question to ask you about a very curious turn of events near the end of the episode.  It has been bugging me, and I'd love to hear your take on it.  But I'll resist the inclination to put in a spoiler--  will promise to ask later in the day! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee   IMNSHO the comments that were in the Spoiler tags didn't reveal very much about the plot or the outcome. I always read the pre-show comments which you and @Oznell  post immediately after she starts the thread. They serve as an alert to watch for certain things. They are comparable to the one minute scene they now show at the beginning of each show. The only time I was miffed was when someone posted what happened at the end of an episode which hadn't aired. I wrote a tame version of how I felt about that.

This morning I did a "Search" to find that thread. Glad I did because not only did I find my comment but some of the episodes which MeTV had deleted scenes were also listed. Here's the link to that thread: Where The Action Is

Back to the discussion - I only used the Spoiler tag because it was used to ask me a question. I didn't/don't see a need for it. Right now the core group is four five people with others stopping in sometimes. I can adapt to whatever the group decides as long as no one writes something like: At the end the retired sheriff died after letting Kimble know he believed he was innocent.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:
Please don't anyone take this as a criticism but I have a bit of a concern about our discussion thus far. A lot of what would normally be discussed on Monday after the airing on MeTV is being discussed in spoilers.

Pearley, I am just speaking for myself. I read Oznell's initial synopsis about the episode. And then I do not read any other comments until after I have watched the show.

So it doesn't matter to me. You, ladies chatter away, I will catch up on Monday morning.

PS Pearley, I took your advise, thank you. As soon as D i c k Van D y k e show is over at midnight on ME TV. I then watch the Fugitive on youtube. It worked out great. No falling asleep before or during the Fugitive.