Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "BRASS RING" DAVID JANSSEN ANGIE DICKINSON MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee  I was trying to be cognizant of the Lars/Leslie thing so thank you. I will correct.

I didn't think you thought there wasn't an Epilog, I was simply adding on what transpired. That's all.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "BRASS RING" DAVID JANSSEN ANGIE DICKINSON MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

@Tique. Oftentimes I forget the characters' names as soon as the epi is over which is why I so often use the actors' real names in my posts. 😄  I always remember Kimble though. ❤  I had always intended to name one of my dogs Kimble but so far haven't.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee  I was examining that picture of "Kimble" carrying Leslie and you are right - that is definitely not DJ. One of those things that was never supposed to be captured in a photo.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique. Wow that sure isn't DJ. Thank for making that photo clear enough to confirm my suspicion!👍

Esteemed Contributor

Enjoying all these comments.

@Oznell  - thanks for searching about DJ and AD.  Not surprised at all.

@Pearlee  - Great catch about the double carrying Leslie in the photo.

@Tique - thanks for posting all those photos. It's like watching the episode again.

Going a little off topic - @Oznell - did you see this week's Invaders with Lin McCarthy and Phyllis Thaxter.  He was busy during the 60's!

Honored Contributor

According to IMDb the pier was the Santa Monica pier.

Honored Contributor

I did see the episode, @twinsister !   I'm so glad to have an "Invaders" buddy on here!   Let's observe a moment of mourning for what happened to Lin McCarthy, thanks to wacko general James Daly.  There's something sweet about Lin McCarthy-- whether on Fuge, or the Invaders, he has a high likeability factor.  He's perfect for a military guy, with that air of quiet male authority he has...

I always find myself trying to see if there's any resemblance between James Daly and his daughter Tyne Daly or son Tim Daly.  There seems to be just a little bit...

James Daly is a second-timer, having played Roy Thinnes' older architecture partner in the first "Invaders" episode, who gets killed off trying to help his pal "David Vincent"...  

Isn't it interesting that Lin McCarthy, James Daly, Phyllis Thaxter, all appeared on both "The Fuge" and "The Invaders"?   I'm thinking maybe Alfred Ryder did too...

That was another good episode--  toward the end of the series, Roy is playing "David Vincent" with even more urgency.  He's often irritable, impatient, even humorless, and of course single-minded. 

It's an interpretation of the role that, as I mentioned before, used to annoy the show's executives, who wanted Thinnes to exercise his considerable appeal, and smile broadly and be ingratiating in the part to attract audiences.  I do relish that he stuck with his tough-minded vision for the character!

Honored Contributor

Lars had deliberately arranged for his father to be there when Kimble returned to witness "Leslie's" scream for help. I don't think the father was aware of the plan but I am interested in hearing what others think about that.

I also wonder what Lars would have done if his father hadn't shown up. He didn't seem like someone I would want to depend on especially in a life or death situation.

Honored Contributor

@Tique  No I don't think Lars' father knew anything about the plot.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tique  - I don't think Lars' father knew anything about the plan - he was just an unknowing accomplice.

@Oznell -You're right about Lin McCarthy having a very likeable factor in his different roles. I had forgotten in addition to Tyne, he also had son Tim.  Yes- J Daly was wacko and played it so well. I agree that Roy Thinnes was right in playing D Vincent as a no nonsense guy. It wouldn't have been believable if he was romancing a different female each week while chasing aliens.