Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "ANGELS TRAVEL ON LONELY ROADS" DAVID JANSSEN, E. HECKART MON. 2:00 A.M.

I watched earlier this morning. From the time she appeared, I kept waiting to find out what Sister Veronica's story was. At one point I was beginning to question if she was really a nun but quickly brushed that thought away. Silly me!

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "ANGELS TRAVEL ON LONELY ROADS" DAVID JANSSEN, E. HECKART MON. 2:00 A.M.

@Tique. And I didn't really like the story much (boring) and don't find her reaction to it credible.
Esteemed Contributor

Watched it this morning and thought it was just OK, plus I am not a fan of Eileen Heckart.

Seemed to drag on and I'm curious why it is a two parter.  It certainly didn't leave me on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next week.

Honored Contributor

@ twinsister. Exactly. I'm not at all "invested" in the nun's story and yes it certainly didn't need to be 2 parts. I did like Janssen describing Heckart as being "sanctimonious."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Once again I feel clueless.

I watched it last night. It ended with the Epilogue and I turned off the TV and went to sleep.

Now you are talking about Part II. There was no mention of Part II. Why would the show end with an Epilogue if the show wasn't over?

PS - OHHHH! I thought they showed both parts last night. Now I get it. It only took several hours. When 3 AM rolled around all I wanted to do was turn over and go to sleep.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla. Because the show's format is to have an epilogue. Didn't you read @Oznell's post about it? She and I have mentioned several times that this was a 2-parter.
Honored Contributor

Wish I could chime in with impressions, but have yet to watch today.  (Ever since I started shopping for my own groceries again, I've been going on Mondays, and by the time I get home and do all that laborious sanitizing of groceries, etc., I'm not in the mood to sit down and absorb, even "The Fugitive"!)   And my memories of it are still fuzzy, beyond what I've already said...

I don't think it's that "linear" an episode, @drizzellla ,  so I wouldn't worry about making sense of it that much.  To me it was more about Kimble and Sister Veronica's interactions-- the plot stuff about bullies trying to hinder him, I usually just glide over, anyway!  Not really interested in that-- it's the psychology and 'atmosphere' of the show I seem to be more interested in...

@Tique,  it's interesting that you picked up that feeling of Sister Veronica not being who she says she is....  you were probably "intuiting" the thing that is "off" about her-- the secret that she's been keeping....      

Honored Contributor

@Oznell. I think Tique has by now realized that Kimble goes around "fixing" the problems in the people's lives he encounters each week. So Sister Veronica must have something that needs fixing besides her car! 😄
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@drizzellla. Because the show's format is to have an epilogue. Didn't you read @Oznell's post about it? She and I have mentioned several times that this was a 2-parter.

I know you mentioned that it was a 2 parter - I read about it this morning.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:
@Oznell. I think Tique has by now realized that Kimble goes around "fixing" the problems in the people's lives he encounters each week. So Sister Veronica must have something that needs fixing besides her car! 😄

@Pearlee   Yep, you are right. I have. As to what needs fixing... well not going to touch that one.

I knew it was a two-parter because either you or @Oznell  mentioned it last week. The only thing that seemed to be missing was Sis V finding out Kimble was a fugitive. After next week's episode I guess all will be revealed but opinion right now this could have been a one and done.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.