Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "ANGELS TRAVEL ON LONELY ROADS, PT. 2 MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

@twinsister. I thought he would be also (but not the other guy in the crash with him).

Wish Kimble had gotten his money back from Salmi!
Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "ANGELS TRAVEL ON LONELY ROADS, PT. 2 MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

[ Edited ]

Just finished watching.  I too couldn't make out that he was saying, "Because of you, another side of me came up for air".  So frustrating!  So I found the "closed captioning" button and finally got the quote!  It sums up what I felt about how she brought out perhaps something spiritual in him that had been long dormant.

They kind of underlined that with the narrator's final comment to the effect that, although his situation was no less precarious, he would perhaps feel less alone as he went on...

By the way, my beloved William Cannon gets justifiable glory as a wonderful narrator for this, but I also love D i c k Wesson's intros and endings as narrator too.  Interestingly, his voice is resonantly somewhat similar to Cannon's so I sometimes have difficulty telling them apart.  But his somber intoning is also so much a part of the show's mystique!

@Pearlee,  I so enjoy that you are so sharply observant of things like stunt work and substitutions of stunt guys for Janssen, etc.!  I tend to be oblivious to stuff like that, but you make me look closer at this show, which I love...

Oh, one more thing I noticed about this episode.  I like the way Sister Veronica used her moral authority, fearlessly, to subdue and shame those little twerps bent on violence.  She strode in there and bam, they slunk away.  She felt contrite about it afterwards, while Kimble just admired her moxie.

The final, restrained, but emotionally freighted exchange between Kimble and Veronica in front of that handsomely crennelated stone church was so well done.

Edited because I forgot to put spaces between the letters of the fine old nick name that rhymes with "Rick" - as in "D i c k" Wesson, or risk the wrath of the computer censor.  Annoying!  

Honored Contributor

@Oznell So glad you mentioned the church. That beautiful, imposing building is why I always remember where they end up on their journey ( as I mentioned here yesterday) even though I don't remember much about the two episodes. It left quite an impression on me over the years.

Kimble unarmed confronting the two motorcycle thugs is one of many things in this 2-parter that, as I've said before, I find not credible. Except for having to have Veronica show her mettle, that scene would never have happened.

Thanks for your kind words about the stuntmen.
When, at the end of the fight, Kimble lifted his head with the bloody mouth, that's when it was DJ again. 🙂
Honored Contributor

This was my favorite part of both episodes. The prologue that tied the two parts together. The technique frequently used now is showing a few clips from the earlier episode. I prefer the dialogue.

"Richard Kimble, alias Nick Walker, had called it a car looking for a quiet place to die but this ancient vehicle held together by faith and rusty wire has come halfway across the mountains carrying two fugitives. Sister Veronica, a fugitive from God on her way to Sacramento to renounce her vows, and Richard Kimble, a fugitive from injustice now wearing the name Nick Walker borrowed from a wallet which he had found in Lincoln City. Two fugitives moving through a dragnet that straddled two states. One unaware that the other is the object of the intensive manhunt..."

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique I loved that too and it is so well written. Except when I heard that last night I took issue with he "found" the wallet. He stole it!

Thanks for mentioning that.
Honored Contributor

Agreed, @Tique and @Pearlee ,  that writing so "sets the stage" for what follows.  Love those intros and ending summaries!