Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "A TASTE OF TOMORROW" DAVID JANSSEN MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

@Tique.   Very interesting comments. I agree with them but don't like the epi any better.

Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "A TASTE OF TOMORROW" DAVID JANSSEN MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

[ Edited ]

Appreciate you naming the previous "incarnation" of Brenda Scott in Fuge, @drizzellla .   With her and others, I've resorted to lumping them under the umbrella, "multiple Fuge performers" in my intros,  just b/c there are so many of them who appear (and reappear) over the course of the series.  But it's great to know who they were in their other roles.

@Pearlee,  good point, thanks for picking up on that lag in when Kimble says he's going to leave.  I missed that this time, but it always bugs me too.  Sometimes, when danger hovers nearby, I feel like Kimble is moving underwater, slow and ponderous...

@twinsister,  good points both, about the licence and the ready availability of the cab.  Hadn't thought of that, but after all, it was quiet Boise, not teeming Times Square, you're right!  Agree, it was gratifying that in the end, the characters quietly "protected" Kimble.

@Tique,  a series of sharp observations in your "compare and contrast" comments of the two men.  Also, that idea that this interlude could generate hope for Kimble--  again, did not occur to me, but so true!  Glad you brought out the predicament of Wyckoff, who was clearly tormented about what he had felt he "had" to do, in the past.

Only a few more episodes to go in Season 3, whoa.   In case anyone wants to refresh their memory before we wrap up the season, here's that handy Wiki page I mentioned that lists the episodes, writers, locations, etc.:

The Fugitive (season 3)

If, at any time between now and the fast-approaching end of Season 3,  anyone wants to share with us their favorite or least favorite episodes, the Wiki thing is a good refresher, since it even gives little mini-synopses.  Feel free to salt in your observations of 'favorites/non-favorites' in any of the alerts to come. 

It's fun that it gives the writers and directors too.  Fascinating that skilled talents like Leonard Horn and even D i c k Donner worked on the Fuge.

Edited to add:   Fixed the Wiki link I posted above--  it does work now!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

...I love Kimble in the plaid jacket, which I think is still in style almost 60 yrs later....

@Pearlee   since I forgot to mention ITA with the above I decided to post a Tribute to Kimble's Plaid Jacket. I'm one who usually doesn't like plaid, thinking the less the better. In fact when I first saw him I thought: Well that's not the attire for someone who's trying to be inconspicuous but as the episode moved along that thought was replaced by how good Kimble made plaid look...

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Ha, ha, great feature on your and @Pearlee 's fave jacket, @Tique !

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique  😂😂😂😂  I love your tribute!

And yes, your initial reaction to the jacket had to be fleeting once you realized its importance to the plot. 😉

The tuxedo in the video where DJ presented the Emmy to Mary Tyler More was more "suitable" for Janssen than the lumberjack look, but he still sure did rock that jacket! 😍  I love him in it!

ETA: It was probably a hasty thrift store purchase by Kimble when the weather got cold; something he could afford when he "didn't have ten dollars."

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee -  I forgot to mention in my original post, but DJ did look good in that plaid jacket.  Usually he is wearing a windbreaker or sports jacket, so this was a different look for him.

My favorite look, aside from the show, is in his tuxedo!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell @Pearlee @Tique @drizzellla - Just read that Michael Constantine died today at 94.  There was a post on Facebook that MC had been on this week's Fuge episode.

May he rest in peace.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister   Oh my! I had not seen that. Thank you for letting us know. This certainly turned out to be a timely episode.  

Honored Contributor

Wow,  I'm sorry to hear that, @twinsister -- thanks for the heads-up.  It's so interesting-- since we started our 'Fuge forum',   several of the original guest actors have died.  He was an excellent character player.  RIP.

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

...I love Kimble in the plaid jacket, which I think is still in style almost 60 yrs later....

@Pearlee   since I forgot to mention ITA with the above I decided to post a Tribute to Kimble's Plaid Jacket. I'm one who usually doesn't like plaid, thinking the less the better. In fact when I first saw him I thought: Well that's not the attire for someone who's trying to be inconspicuous but as the episode moved along that thought was replaced by how good Kimble made plaid look...

Thanks for the "Tribute".

As I looked at the jacket, I kept thinking that he wore the jacket so he would be easy to pick out in every scene that David Janssen was in. You had no trouble picking him out.