Respected Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "A CLEAN AND QUIET TOWN" DAVID JANSSEN MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

This episode had me shaking my head a few times. 

You get beaten up once in a dark alley, you know someone tried to take a shot at you, then a prostitute tells you her friend will meet you a the back door in another dark alley...and you go. At least he won that fight.

A professional hit man only charged $500? That seemed pretty cheap to me even back then. But then, he really wasn't that good.

I remember Llyod Haynes also played a cop back in that other episode with the one armed man. Probably the same uniform.

For the Hitchcock fans, Eduardo Cianelli was in Foreign Correspondent, with the same firm set jaw and crafty eyes. (Why doesn't that get shown on TV more often?)

I did like the meeting with Luchek. Kimbel intently watching when Luchek told Johnson he should put him in cement. Johnson's fate was Kimbel's fate. 

Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "A CLEAN AND QUIET TOWN" DAVID JANSSEN MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

Fun to read your reactions to the improbabilities, @Etoile308 .  

Maybe that's partly why Cianelli struck me so much--  I love "Foreign Correspondent"!   If you by any chance get TCM,  they actually do air that film pretty frequently.  It's a winner.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with @Tique  and @twinsister  that this epi could have been a lot better, esp since that preview scene with Kimble finally catching up with the one-armed man was so intriguing. I don't understand why, knowing the police were so corrupt in that town, Kimble didn't call Gerard himself.  Of course had there been burner cell phones he would have! 😂

I didn't care for how much violence there was in this epi nor the car chase. Car chases were popular at the movies around this time so I assume TF writers thought it would be cool to put one in.

I agree with @Oznell  that Carol Rossen's roles in other Fuges were much more suitable for her, when she looked elegant with upswept hair and beautifully classy clothing such as when she played Savalas' wife or in that violin epi. Speaking of clothing, that big pin the secretary was wearing on her lapel looked so familiar (a Monet? Trifari?)Women wore pins often on lapels back then.  And I agree with twinsister that Fred Johnson looked very odd in that suit, looking like a well-to-do businessman.

I've not watched this one much over the years; it's not a favorite.

Honored Contributor

I'm glad you picked up on that car chase in the episode, @Pearlee ;  I wasn't sure why, but it seemed a bit gratuitous to me, and I think you're right, car chases were "in",  therefore, 'why not', goes the writer's thinking, probably...

The car chase (such as it was) in the Jessica Walter/Steven Hill episode seemed more "organic" to that episode, for some reason.

Love the bold brooches of the period too!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee - It was @Oznell  that commented on Fred Johnson in the suit.

I remember Monet and Trifari - my mom and aunt had several pieces.  I still have a bracelet of my mother's, but it is too big for me.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

@Pearlee - It was @Oznell  that commented on Fred Johnson in the suit.

I remember Monet and Trifari - my mom and aunt had several pieces.  I still have a bracelet of my mother's, but it is too big for me.

@Oznell  Sorry!

Honored Contributor

I'm sure Oznell  will post this week's epi any minute now but I just watched it and had to tell @Tique  that it's the 2nd Robert Drivas one, and it's a good one!