Respected Contributor

At the dinner Chantel's mom had with Pedro over, it was Chantel's MOM who started that ''kerfuffle'' that led to everyone fighting !!!  I can't remember what her mom said to Pedro but it was totally uncalled for - as far as I'm concerned, I think the 'mom' is a trouble maker, all by herself !!

Contributor

The episode I saw said at the end he has a second child.

Honored Contributor

Re: THE FAMILY CHANTEL

[ Edited ]

I read that Mother Chantel is writing a book. I guess she's got to cash in while the iron is hot.

Honored Contributor

@Mathgal wrote:

The episode I saw said at the end he has a second child.

@Mathgal  I'm not even watching the show and heard that said on a preview commercial.

Respected Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

At the dinner Chantel's mom had with Pedro over, it was Chantel's MOM who started that ''kerfuffle'' that led to everyone fighting !!!  I can't remember what her mom said to Pedro but it was totally uncalled for - as far as I'm concerned, I think the 'mom' is a trouble maker, all by herself !!

While I agree the Mom of Chantel starts saying some stuff that is totally NOT going to help bring the family close or together that is NO excuse for Pedro not control his angry outbursts of physical violence.  Other people are not responsible for another's lack of self control....there is NO justification for physical violence toward anyone.  If  you don't like what someone is saying to you or about a topic then you simply keep your mouth shut or get up calmly and leave.  Pedro needs to attend anger management classes he blames everyone for his lack of self control.

Frequent Contributor

Finally somebody else feels this way!  As I remember it she confronted Pedro's sister for cheering when Chantal leaves for work and says derogatory things that Chantal apparently heard as she was going.  It was Chantal mother who started the whole mess.

Respected Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@sarahpanda wrote:

While I agree the Mom of Chantel starts saying some stuff that is totally NOT going to help bring the family close or together that is NO excuse for Pedro not control his angry outbursts of physical violence.  Other people are not responsible for another's lack of self control....there is NO justification for physical violence toward anyone.  If  you don't like what someone is saying to you or about a topic then you simply keep your mouth shut or get up calmly and leave.  Pedro needs to attend anger management classes he blames everyone for his lack of self control.

@tsavorite 

I think that both Mom and Chantell are MAJOR instigators. Chantell is as fake as people come and I am not talking about her enhancements. She proclaims to be close to her family yet did not see the need to tell them about getting married until days before the wedding. Now she has to stir up stuff with her sister's relationship. If she was concerned about her sister then where has she been for the last 6 years. Surely she is making enough money to get some clothes that fit. She is too big to be shopping on the toddler department.

Pedro does need  some counseling and it is not an excuse for him to act like an idiot. He has shown how dishonest he is and yet Chantell does not listen to the family she is so close to. She really needs to manage her own relationships instead of messing with others.

doxie

Honored Contributor

Re: THE FAMILY CHANTEL

[ Edited ]

@tsavorite wrote:

@sarahpanda wrote:

River threw something at Pedro at the dinner table that caused him to get up and fight back.  I can't imagine how it would feel to have the whole family throw questions at him and bash him at the table.  I can undertand why he hit River, he shouldn't have, but River and the rest of the family provoked him.

River denies he threw something and says he just bumped a lamp, but I watched that scene  in slow motion and he did throw something.  It looks like some type of food....perhaps a dinner roll.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@tsavorite wrote:

@sarahpanda wrote:

River threw something at Pedro at the dinner table that caused him to get up and fight back.  I can't imagine how it would feel to have the whole family throw questions at him and bash him at the table.  I can undertand why he hit River, he shouldn't have, but River and the rest of the family provoked him.

River denies he threw something and says he just bumped a lamp, but I watched that scene  in slow motion and he did throw something.  It looks like some type of food....perhaps a dinner roll.

@Carmie   I saw that too.  Did you watch last night?  I enjoyed it, felt so sorry for Pedro when he was talking about not knowing his Father, that takes a toll on a kid right into adulthood.  I think he is basically a nice guy, with a nutcase Mother and sister, lol.

Karen makes me laugh, especially when her lips protrude when she is making a point.  I really like Thomas, nice guy with some sense.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl   Yes, I watched last night.  I can say that this family is super disfunctional.  My parents were micro managing, but not even close to the way Karen is.

She should back off and let her children grow up.  She trusts no one, especially Pedro, but I can figure out why she is willing to forgive and forget what Jah did while still holding a grudge against Pedro. Chantel noticed it too and mentioned it, but her mother blew her off.

It also drives me crazy that Karen talks so slow.  She sounds so condescending and full of herself.  Thomas would be in a better place without her.  He seems much more " normal" and reasonable. I like him too.

Chantel and Pedro would be better off if they both took a vacation from their families. They both have crazy folks.