Trusted Contributor

Re: THE COMPANY YOU KEEP, BIG SKY, ALASKA DAILY CANCELLED

@kindred cats  I like Nathan from when he was on a Science Fiction show to Castle & now the Rookie but I feel Rookie Feds just isn't anything at all what is plausible today & almost makes it a laughing stock which I don't think it is trying to do at all.

Honored Contributor

Big Sky was ok but not concerned it was cancelled.

The Company You Keep lacked spark so I am not surprised.

Alaska Daily was a very important reminder that MMIW is still an underserved issue; ignored too much and pushed aside too often.  I honestly didn't like Swank sailing in to save the day. She didn't fit imo.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought Rookie Feds was a parody of cop shows. Niecy Nash can do serious roles and I love her in those but the comedy shtick she does for this show just makes me think I'm watching Beverly Hills Cop. I'm surprised Nathan Fillion wanted to add this to the series. 

Esteemed Contributor

What??!! I thought Alaska Daily was renewed? I didn't like The Company You Keep, and Big Sky was a surprise cancellation. Oh man! 

Honored Contributor

There is talk that ABC is considering a spinoff from Big Sky called Dark Highways following the early days of Ronald Pergman's trail of murders before Big Sky.

Just what the world needs.👎

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I thought Rookie Feds was a parody of cop shows. Niecy Nash can do serious roles and I love her in those but the comedy shtick she does for this show just makes me think I'm watching Beverly Hills Cop. I'm surprised Nathan Fillion wanted to add this to the series. 

I really hope they renew Rookie Feds. I love Niecy, she's hilarious. That's a great show; sort of light hearted and cutesy in a police type show. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I'm disappointed that all three of these shows have been cancelled by ABC.  Woman Sad

I thought TCYK and Alaska Daily were really well done.  Big Sky was okay, but watchable, if you like that genre. 

I can't believe they cancelled these shows and renewed Rookie Feds.  This is just WRONG.

According to TV Series Finale, Rookie Feds has not been renewed or cancelled. Where did you get that information?  It is the official status as of today.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

The cancellation is why I usually don't get involved in new TV shows. The only one I watched for years is Blacklist and it's time for that to end. 

I tried watching the new "Night Court" and was not impressed. Melissa Rauch is miscast. She seems to be someone pretending to be a judge, not buying it.  I like John Larroquette (he's different as a defender), but he can't save the show by himself. The writing isn't good, it's a bit childish.

Go figure: the show was renewed for a second season. 

@teganslaw  Completely agree about Night Court. Just awful. Glad the laugh track enjoyed it, but I thought it was pretty much just stupid. A bit tired of these shows rebooted 'for the new millenium'... that have no real connection to the original and most often it becomes obvious very quickly. Aside from proclaiming her Harry's daughter, you're right, the judge pretty much stunk. The show wasn't funny.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

While I fully agree television today, especially network television, is sorely lacking in meaningful content, that 'reality' programming is over-represented, as is sports programming and 'game' programming and that too often the nod is to the lowest common denominator, I would't classify any of these cancelled programs as overtly intelligent, intellectual or all that entertaining. Add to the list of over programmed genres cop shows and police procedurals. Alaska Daily discussed some important issues, but, to me, it was boring. Likewise, The Company you Keep never wowed me. The concept was fun, the execution wasn't. I tried Big Sky once or twice, but it didn't entice me. I never watched Rookie Fed or whatever, so can't speak to its value. There are only a couple of network or cable programs I bother with these days and, like others of you, it seems once I find a show I like it's cancelled while far inferior programming goes on forever, and is often fodder for endless spin offs.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@colleena wrote:

@kindred cats I always wonder how much power Nathan Fillion has in keeping Rookie Feds on tv - I know he's one of the Executive Producers.  

@colleena 

That HAS to be the only possible reason .... to keep Nathan happy with new projects and income streams.   

They certainly aren't keeping the Feds show because it's any good.  (JMO, of course.)