Super Contributor

Re: THE BEAUTY OF "FIDDLER ON THE ROOF" SUNDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

Thanks for posting this. Love this movie. First time I saw it was with my junior high school classmates back in the day. It was playing in a movie theater in Manhattan.
Honored Contributor

got to see the broadway musical last year and it was so good. my daughter was with me and had never seen it and she was teary eyed.

the movie is fabulous and i do own it. its a classic and the music touches your heart, brings a tear to your eye, and makes you smile.

it is a film that is a MUST SEE.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

One of my favorite movies! A must see!  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

on the bay,

Like you, I was fortunate to see the play with the incomparable Zero Mostel as Tevye.  My late husband and I saw several great actors together in the early years of our marriage.  

One of my favorite shows we attended was "A Matter of Gravity," starring Katharine Hepburn.  Playing a very small role in the play was newcomer Christopher Reeve (who became Superman later). 

Respected Contributor

for all those who love the musical/the movie don't miss the documentary "Fiddler: Miracle of Miracles" which traces the history of the theater and movie productions, the various casts etc.  you'll laugh - you'll cry.   !! 

it's on my "On Demand" system at UVerse right now. i actually saw it at the movies a few months back.