Honored Contributor

THE BEATLES GET BACK TAPES ON DISNEY+ YOUR THOUGHTS

I'm bouncing off the walls, with my one month of Disney+  installed, to see the first segment tomorrow. Does anyone know what time it starts streaming? Just my luck it'll be when I'm away at a dinner.  I hope morning when I can watch it.  Or better yet at 12:01 tonight!

I started a new thread (from my "trailer is out" thread) to see what people think after they watch the shows. The countdown to the launch begins... Get Back!  🎸🎵🎹🥁

Trusted Contributor

Re: THE BEATLES GET BACK TAPES ON DISNEY+ YOUR THOUGHTS

@Pearlee: Sorry I'm not sure when it starts streaming tomorrow either but so looking forward to it.  I just finished watching the trailer they are showing for it & it looks so good.

Honored Contributor

Part 1 is now streaming!  🥳🥳🥳🥳

Honored Contributor

@GrailSeeker   Hi I started this thread earlier for comments on the actual show. I'm leaving soon for a dinner and won't be back til much later. Happy you like the show. I'll watch when I get home. How long is Segment 1?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's about 2 and a half hours long.  Evidently streaming from midnight this morning?  I started about 9:30 this morning.  Did all my family stuff last Saturday and Sunday.  

Honored Contributor

Well, I'll be the Debbie Downer.  I started watching, got 30 minutes in, got bored, checked to see how long the first installment was, decided there was no way it would hold my attention for more HOURS and I pulled the plug.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh I guess I saw it differently but I thought it was just the four of them & a few more who got together, they seemed to be more in sync w/each other but then were totally not, I thought I learned more about them in this process & maybe they learned about each other in that process also, it was not pretty sometimes but then wow, it was, in kind of reminded me that when good girlfriends who've been through heck & back go through sometings sometimes it's yeah & sometimes it's not.  Again, my take & looking for next time.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  OY!

@colleena  What you descibe sounds a lot lije Ringo comparing it to a family  or "brithers" who at times really don't get along but then do.

@GrailSeeker  Thanks. I just got home from my dinner, which was out of town,  and I think I'm too tired now to watch it if it's that long because I'm already groggy. Tomorrow then. 

Honored Contributor

So let me start off by saying I am the biggest Beatles fan there is, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I didn't love it. I didn't care for all the words on the screen at the beginning, I found it very slow moving ( I will watch the next two parts). George Harrison had the misfortune of being in a group with two of the best songwriters of their generation, he and Ringo took backseats to John and Paul. I could tell, you saw it in George's eyes, that he didn't appreciate being treated as if he were less than ( I can't believe how well they took his leaving, thinking of replacing him with Eric Clapton, real loyalty on their part). I noticed some music that didn't make it on The Beatle's album showed up on their solo projects. As for Yoko, I'm not saying she was the cause of the break ( they seemed to handle that all by themselves), she should not have been there. She insinuated herself into the inner circle, literally, and her singing, if that's what you would call was out of line. At least Linda hanging around was useful as she was photographing the event. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
Spoiler
they don't focus on her for very long but  yoko ono is there sitting next to John knitting, then with a  green purse,  looking at clipped articles,  no wonder they broke up,  I only watched about 30 minutes so far
Spoiler

in what I watched Paul kept tell their music director George doen't think the acoustics are good in this place