Honored Contributor

Re: THE ART OF RACING IN THE RAIN

I would like to see it but I've been concerned about the subject matter. I didn't even know that web site existed, thanks for the info.

I'm going to see Lion King when the heat breaks and I will cry like a baby at that too.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Trusted Contributor

Thanks, @GingerPeach. I knew about that site, but forgot. Thank you for checking. I may see it, but anything about dogs makes me super emotional. (Actually, I was ugly crying at Dolphin's Tale, so I guess I am not limited to dog crying!!)

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs  Loved the book and loved Enzo!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

It might be good, but I cn't handle movies where dogs get older and. . .. I have no idea if that is what happens, but in the previews, he said he wants one more race, so I am just guessing. But, since I teared up at the previews, I just can't.

Yeppers. I tried to read the book two different times.  Couldn't see the words beyond the tears.  Just like the Marley movie I won't be going to see this one either.

Respected Contributor

This book is my favorite book of all time. I won’t go see the movie, because there is just no way it can compare to the book.  If you’re not a reader, by all means...see the movie. If it’s half as good as the book, you will love it.

Regular Contributor

I loved the book. I read it many years ago. I'm surprised it took so long to make it into a movie. I will probably go see it even though the movie probably won't be as good as the book. LOL That's usually by experience anyway.