Respected Contributor

TCM is having a marathon of the "Maisie" movies starring Ann Southern today. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm familiar with the Maizie movies, but until today I don't think I've watched any from start to finish.

This morning as I was waking up with my morning coffee, I happened to watch "Congo Maizie" and I have to say there was a part in the movie that had me laughing out loud.  It was so silly, but so funny.

Now I'd like to watch some more of the Maizie movies, but I have some work to do.

Trusted Contributor

I have my recorder set to tape all of them! I enjoy the Maisie movies so much! Light hearted, fun, and just a nice break from everything going on in our world today! Enjoy them all if you can! Maisie is a good natured woman who gets involved in situations and always tries to do her best to help...sometimes funny, sometimes sweet, well, each movie is different!
Ann Sothern was the PERFECT Maisie! 

Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

TCM is having a marathon of the "Maisie" movies starring Ann Southern today. 

Thank you for your post.  I am still shocked at how many movies I have not seen lol.  I just discovered the "Falcon Seires" a month ago and I must say I do enjoy them.  The Maisie series are yet something else I have not seen.  I will be watching off and on taday and the Dr Kildare series.  The chemistry between Lou Ayers and Barrymore is very enjoyable to watch.

Trusted Contributor

I love the Falcon series with Tom Conway as well. He is the brother of actor George Sanders and Tom Conway took over the part of Gay Laurence (Lawrence) the Detective. The movies in the late 30's and early 40's. TCM plays this on Saturday mornings on my cable. Another enjoyable set of short movies from that time.