Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I love that TCM expands and broadens its catalog.   The number of traditional "classic" films is finite.  And how many times can one watch "North By Northwest" which I believe is one of their most frequently shown offerings. 

Honored Contributor

@Wahoogaz wrote:

It looks like TCM is going the way of AMC. Remember when AMC used to show real classics before they switched (in 2002, I think) from old classics to 'new' classics. That's when I stopped watching AMC and it's starting to look like I won't be watching TCM much longer, either.

Way back then, ANC was also commercial free

Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

I agree. I love watching 40's and 50's black and white movies. My least favorites are the 20's(silent) 30's and especially the 60's. Something about the way the 1960's (and 1970's) films are made that I just don't care for. I always look at the year when I look at the lineup. 1950's are my favorite! 

@Starpolisher 

My favorites are the films from the 40's.....  And I totally agree about the 60's movies....YEEECCCCKKK!!! 

And I agree about TCMS lineup I used to love watching the classic films....and in the early morning or afternoon they would show these little "gems" from the 40's not well known films, but well written, well acted and very entertaining....I miss them..In contrast right now its "Godzilla",  "Them"..."And It Came From Beneath The Sea"...🙄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I recorded a 2001 movie made in Wales starring Rachel Griffiths, who I enjoyed on Six Feet Under & Jonathan Pryce, Matthew Rhys & Ioan Griffudd, called Very Annie Mary.  It was not a very good movie!

Valued Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I recorded a 2001 movie made in Wales starring Rachel Griffiths, who I enjoyed on Six Feet Under & Jonathan Pryce, Matthew Rhys & Ioan Griffudd, called Very Annie Mary.  It was not a very good movie!

I looked it up, and it's as I suspected ~ a woman director, so affiliated with their Women in Film series? 

bonus ~ it has a 34% score on Rotten Tomatoes ~ so looks like your assessment is spot on. I think I'll give this one a pass. 

I do like Rachel Griffiths though. 

Valued Contributor

At first I was impressed with the concept of Women In Film series, but I have not enjoyed the films.  Perhaps a better approach is an article in their newsletter, and show on TV more classics which inspired these newer artists?