Honored Contributor

TCM's Noir Alley begins again Sept.7, 2019

I'm happy to see TCM's Noir Alley is returning after its summer break.

Noir Alley films for September are:

9/7    The Big Clock (1948) Ray Milland, Charles Laughton

9/14  Nocturne (1946) George Raft, Lynn Bari, Virginia Huston

9/21  The Woman on the Beach (1947) Joan Bennett, Robert Ryan

9/28  The Harder They Fall (1946) Humphrey Bogart, Rod Steiger

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: TCM's Noir Alley begins again Sept.7, 2019

Thanks for the heads-up. I love Noir Alley. I turned it on this past week and enjoyed The Picture of Dorian Gray but realized it was not part of the noir genre. Glad Eddie will be back.

Frequent Contributor

thank goodness!   TCM programming has made a striking change recently and not for the better in my opinion.  

Honored Contributor

I love Nocturne! Used to have it on VHS--recorded from Turner Classic Movies back in the day. Time flies lol.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

I agree. Their programming has changed since Robert Osborne passed away. I used to love "The Essentials" on Saturdays, but it has become unwatchable. However, TCM is still the best movie channel on TV and it's the only reason I still have cable.

Honored Contributor

Hooray-- "The Woman on the Beach" is really good, with 3 outstanding stars, Joan Bennett, Charles Bickford and Robert Ryan at the top of their game. Ditto "The Big Clock".

Sounds like a promising start...

Honored Contributor

I am looking forward to @Oznell 's assessment of The Woman on the Beach.  And The Big Clock.

I saw a snippet with Ray Milland plus the pic's director talking about "Clock" this morning on TCM.

@Oznell wrote:

Hooray-- "The Woman on the Beach" is really good, with 3 outstanding stars, Joan Bennett, Charles Bickford and Robert Ryan at the top of their game. Ditto "The Big Clock".

Sounds like a promising start...

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

I agree. Their programming has changed since Robert Osborne passed away. I used to love "The Essentials" on Saturdays, but it has become unwatchable. However, TCM is still the best movie channel on TV and it's the only reason I still have cable.

How I miss Robert Osborne.  I find Mankiewicz stiff as a board and about as interesting.