Honored Contributor

TCM and Comcast Update

[ Edited ]

Super Contributor

No, I still have it and I'm with Comcast. But probably a different package. Today's movies stink if that makes you feel any better!

Regular Contributor

I still get TCM on my downstairs TV but I can no longer get it on my bedroom TV where I have an adapter. I thought about calling because of what I pay per month but I changed my mind. I have had Comcast for such a long time that I hate to change now. If truth be told, I usually fall asleep watching a movie in bed anyway so I guess it doesn't matter that I no longer get TCM through the adapter!!!

Honored Contributor

Well, I do stand corrected. I had only checked in my bedroom and kitchen where I only have the adapter boxes. I just checked in my family room where I have what is called The Mother Box, and surprise, surprise there was TCM as always. 

Thanks for pointing that out. 

I too have been a Comcast customer for 36 years, have the Triple Play. 

And yesterdays movie selection on TCM was horrendous. 

Honored Contributor

This isn't addressing your issue at all, @Shelbelle , so disregard this message if you like. 

Just yesterday I contacted my local cable company to cancel TCM.  It just isn't delivering what I thought it would.  Not to mention it also just can't seem to show closed captions on screen, even when the pre-movie info screen specifically says it has CC.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle,  am so sorry you and others having problems with TCM.  Disappointing all around.   We still get it currently, but given the upheaval others are having, I'm thinking it's only a matter of time before DirecTv starts yanking it around...

If you are not getting it any more, @Shelbelle and @GingerPeach and others, will miss your regular contributions to TCM movie threads.  Please chime in anyway!   Plus you will probably find other vintage broadcast outlets that you can get the stuff you want on.....

Honored Contributor

Lately I have found that TCM shows the same movies way too often, if it airs today, it is probably been on at least once or twice already in the last couple of months. I still get it on my family room TV, so I can still see it there. So, I will still read and contribute to the TCM posts. 

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

This isn't addressing your issue at all, @Shelbelle , so disregard this message if you like. 

Just yesterday I contacted my local cable company to cancel TCM.  It just isn't delivering what I thought it would.  Not to mention it also just can't seem to show closed captions on screen, even when the pre-movie info screen specifically says it has CC.  

If you called to cancel it, does this mean you were paying extra to have it?

Super Contributor

We lost our TCM channel yesterday but looked at our Comcast On Demand, under free movies, by network and found TCM is still available there.  You need to scroll through all the movies available.  It is also still available on the Xfinity app and i can watch a movie on my tablet.  Wonder how long until these two choices are removed as well but for now, check them out.  I am in NJ and in our area, only Comcast is available to us.

Super Contributor

I have had Comcast since 1982.  I just checked both tv's and I still get TCM.  I do think it depends what package you have.  I renegotiate my contract every 2 years and accesible channels change depending on their specials. I always ask for the loyalty department.  I do really think they should be giving some discounts to customers who have been with them for a while.  

I talked to one rep who said I had an account before he was born and he thanked me for his future!  HA!