Honored Contributor

Re: TCM-WHERE ARE THE CHRISTMAS MOVIES!!!

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ At least there are two of us...

Woman Wink

Never was there such an overexposed movie...

Woman Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Oh and @Spurt... I'm with you on the Hallmark and Lifetime Christmas movies... There are a few good ones, but with most of them, well, if you've seen one, you've seen them all... And if by any chance you missed it, believe me, they'll show it again... and again... and again... and again... this year and for years to come... 

@stevieb

Yep the Hallmark/Lifetime ones are a little too predictable and unrealistic for me.... Now I do like some of their true Mystery movies with the ongoing characters....on the Hallmark Movie & Mystery Channel....and they repeat those too.......is Hallmark owned by QVC any chance...LOL Smiley Wink 

@Spurt I wondered the same thing...

Some of the mysteries aren't bad, but what I'd really like to see on the M&M channel is them take some of the many Christmas mysteries, offered as installements of virtually all of the cozy Mystery series, and turn some of them into holiday movies instead of the steady diet of incessant romances and predictable holiday themes...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Oh and @Spurt... I'm with you on the Hallmark and Lifetime Christmas movies... There are a few good ones, but with most of them, well, if you've seen one, you've seen them all... And if by any chance you missed it, believe me, they'll show it again... and again... and again... and again... this year and for years to come... 

@stevieb

Yep the Hallmark/Lifetime ones are a little too predictable and unrealistic for me.... Now I do like some of their true Mystery movies with the ongoing characters....on the Hallmark Movie & Mystery Channel....and they repeat those too.......is Hallmark owned by QVC any chance...LOL Smiley Wink 

@Spurt I wondered the same thing...

Some of the mysteries aren't bad, but what I'd really like to see on the M&M channel is them take some of the many Christmas mysteries, offered as installements of virtually all of the cozy Mystery series and turn some of them into holiday movies instead of the steady diet of incessant romances and predictable holiday themes...

@stevieb

That's a fantastic idea to make some of the Mystery series cozy Christmas mysteries during the Christmas season....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

There are really only three that come to mind that I feel I actually want to see each season: White Christmas, The Bishop's Wife and Christmas in Connecticut... Oh and I enjoy a good version of A Christmas Carol. Most of the others I can take or leave and I'd just as soon leave It's a Wonderful Life... 

@stevieb

Yep Stevie those 3 movies are a most see!!!  And I agree with you totally that we dont want to watch a ton of movies on Christmas Day we would like to see them to share and captture the spirit of the season ......And I always watch Shop Around The Corner too...I missed it today it looks like (watching football) but I show that they repeat that one.  

I like the older versions of the Christmas carol (no Patrick Stewart or George C. Scott for me)...........

I got burned out on Its A Wonderful Life when they showed it endlessly on multiple channels and got stuck watching it with different friends and relaties multiple times in the same year, but havent seen it for a while so wouldnt mind seeing it this year............

Sounds like your in the Christmas Spirit and your home is ready for Christmas... Woman Very Happy I am so glad you decided to put up a table top tree....and your right there's nothing better than a tree......So did you decorate in an elegant style...did you use particular colors....or in a theme ?????   So what else is new with you???? 

Well my sister moved and a mutual friend moved to this same complex....oh check this out....their wreaths had to be approved Its a hoity toity place...huge kitchen but the living room is a bit small-- so furniture and placing Christmas decor have been  bit of a problem.......I helped my friend decorate her tree Saturday while she worked on the rest of the apartment....Then we went to Bed Bath& Beyond candles were $8.95--the place was a madhouse, lines out the door....OMG!!! .....

On the contrary @Spurt my home is a complete wreck, BUT the tree is up and decorated... My 'spirit' is lagging too... I think it peaked (though it wasn't exactly a high point) the week before Thanksgiving... I put the tree up and decorated it and am now enjoying it, but I think, by virtue of how quickly it went up and how little I 'tweaked' it, that my heart really wasn't in it... Hopefully the 'festive' feelings will be enhanced as I finish up more of the chores... And really, they ARE chores...

I recall your sister was contemplating a move and it looks like she made the choice... Hope all goes well for her as she has her first Christmas in a new home... Believe me, as hard as it is to imagine she might be better off in a place that has to 'approve' wreaths... You wouldn't believe some of the things people stick on their doors...

My tree is no special style, I had a plan in mind, but couldn't find a box of my decorations and just wasn't up for the search... so went with what I had handy... Regardless, it turned out to be very pretty... At this point, just getting it done is my goal... If it all turns out well, that'll be the icing on the cake... 

Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

if you have not seen THE CHRISTMAS NOTE on the hallmark channels, i recommend it......it is a mystery (not a crime) and not filled with your typical "romance."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Spurt Several of their current mystery movie series are based on serialized cozy mystery novels... I can think of so many mystery novel series that have included a book or books where the action took place over the holidays... Let them option some of them and provide us with a little more variety!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt The notion of putting on Christmas movies only on Christmas Eve and Day is, to me, akin to tossing the tree out the door as soon as the presents are opened... Christmas is a season, not just a single day and to foster the spirit of the holidays by showing the movies as a lead in to Christmas makes a great deal more sense to me... 

Honored Contributor

There are a ton of Christmas movies on Netflix.  I rarely watch them because they're so hokey, the writing and acting are poor.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

They have several on ION TV channel. Not the 'oldies', but new-ish movies made for TV.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

There are really only three that come to mind that I feel I actually want to see each season: White Christmas, The Bishop's Wife and Christmas in Connecticut... Oh and I enjoy a good version of A Christmas Carol. Most of the others I can take or leave and I'd just as soon leave It's a Wonderful Life... 

@stevieb

Yep Stevie those 3 movies are a most see!!!  And I agree with you totally that we dont want to watch a ton of movies on Christmas Day we would like to see them to share and captture the spirit of the season ......And I always watch Shop Around The Corner too...I missed it today it looks like (watching football) but I show that they repeat that one.  

I like the older versions of the Christmas carol (no Patrick Stewart or George C. Scott for me)...........

I got burned out on Its A Wonderful Life when they showed it endlessly on multiple channels and got stuck watching it with different friends and relaties multiple times in the same year, but havent seen it for a while so wouldnt mind seeing it this year............

Sounds like your in the Christmas Spirit and your home is ready for Christmas... Woman Very Happy I am so glad you decided to put up a table top tree....and your right there's nothing better than a tree......So did you decorate in an elegant style...did you use particular colors....or in a theme ?????   So what else is new with you???? 

Well my sister moved and a mutual friend moved to this same complex....oh check this out....their wreaths had to be approved Its a hoity toity place...huge kitchen but the living room is a bit small-- so furniture and placing Christmas decor have been  bit of a problem.......I helped my friend decorate her tree Saturday while she worked on the rest of the apartment....Then we went to Bed Bath& Beyond candles were $8.95--the place was a madhouse, lines out the door....OMG!!! .....

On the contrary @Spurt my home is a complete wreck, BUT the tree is up and decorated... My 'spirit' is lagging too... I think it peaked (though it wasn't exactly a high point) the week before Thanksgiving... I put the tree up and decorated it and am now enjoying it, but I think, by virtue of how quickly it went up and how little I 'tweaked' it, that my heart really wasn't in it... Hopefully the 'festive' feelings will be enhanced as I finish up more of the chores... And really, they ARE chores...

I recall your sister was contemplating a move and it looks like she made the choice... Hope all goes well for her as she has her first Christmas in a new home... Believe me, as hard as it is to imagine she might be better off in a place that has to 'approve' wreaths... You wouldn't believe some of the things people stick on their doors...

My tree is no special style, I had a plan in mind, but couldn't find a box of my decorations and just wasn't up for the search... so went with what I had handy... Regardless, it turned out to be very pretty... At this point, just getting it done is my goal... If it all turns out well, that'll be the icing on the cake... 

Smiley Wink

@stevieb

Well I guess the wreath approval thing does have some good points about it.....There is a subdivision right near our Condo complex and a couple of the folks look like they took a cue from TCM and seem to love Halloween as much as TCM because they still have their Halloween stuff up---There are skulls and skeletons in full force on one....and the other people are just BATTY about Halloween too....Perhaps when their neighbors start participating in the Christmas decorating contest they will realize that they are out of place and take that stuff down....SHEESH!!

Well I understand how the spirit can wane and the whole decorating thing can be nothing but a HUGE CHORE--I can certainly empathize and sympathize with you on that..But think postively, you have your pretty tree up to enjoy...If thats all you want to do, then its enough!!!...

I just know as I get older I have to plan the decorating over several days....And this year I went what was convenient instead of having to go up on a ladder to get stuff down from upper closet shelves....

And although my home is Christmassey and nice...that does not extend to my bedroom I told my sis to save me some boxes and rolls of bubble wrap as I plan to do some closet purging in January and donate a lot of stuff I dont want/need so deconstructed boxes and bubble wrap are in several stacks along with some other things Ive already put in the donate pile......WHEW! ...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”