Esteemed Contributor

It will be a 24 hour tribute on June 9th beginning at 6AM - ET.

One of my favorites will be shown - Pillow Talk.

Trusted Contributor

Re: TCM Tribute to Doris Day

Thanks for the info ~ I love all her movies Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@twinsister  Thanks for posting! I won't be able to watch, but she is one of my very favorites! Loved her "It's Magic" from Romance on the High Seas!

Respected Contributor

I would hope so since they didn't honor her on her 97th birthday last month. One on my fave's is "It Happened to Jane" with Jack Lemmon and Ernie Kovacs. I don't think she was given the honors she deserved. RIP to a great actress and animal activist.

Honored Contributor

My Dream is Yours for me. Loved it. And the song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She was from my hometown so you can imagine what's on the radio all week. Loving it. What a voice.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @twinsister!  I see they're showing some of my faves--  "Love Me or Leave Me";  "Please Don't Eat the Daisies";  and even "Julie".

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@twinsister  Thanks for posting! I won't be able to watch, but she is one of my very favorites! Loved her "It's Magic" from Romance on the High Seas!

I just read that Judy Garland originally intended to do "Romance on the High Seas". 

Doris Day's husband, George Weidler, wanted a divorce at that time because he felt she would outgrow him. And Doris Day hoped she could change his mind. She failed. And that Doris Day cried through her screen test for the movie.

Director Michael Curtiz liked Doris Day's lack of pretense.

Honored Contributor

Pillow Talk is one of the finest sophisticated comedies of its time, I never tire of it!!  Rock and Doris adored each other in real life. 

Trusted Contributor

My mother and I would go to see Doris Day movies and we loved her with Rock Hudson and James Garner. She always looked beautiful and I enjoyed seeing the beautiful clothes she wore. She looked so good in everything, such a lady with class.