Respected Contributor

At 3:15 today, there's a cute movie, Let's Make Love. It stars Marilyn Monroe, Yvette Montand and Tony Randall. It's a fun movie.  Then at 8:00pm they're showing, A Letter To Three Wives. Starring Jeanne Crain, Linda Darnell, Ann Souther, Kirk Douglas and others. This is a really good movie to watch. It's drama not to mss. It's about a flirtatious woman tells three wives that she is leaving town with one of their husbands.

@Oznell I think if you haven't seen this one, you would like it.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

Lately TCM has not been as good as it was. Maybe I've just seen too many films. I especially dislike the films from the 30's w/those titles that sound he,he  but really aren't.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Lately TCM has not been as good as it was. Maybe I've just seen too many films. I especially dislike the films from the 30's w/those titles that sound he,he  but really aren't.

@Group 5 minus 1. Well, they only have a limited amount to show. Eventually this had to happen. It’s not like they can make more. 

Honored Contributor

Letter to Three Wives followed by The Letter--2 great movies--especially, IMO The Letter, directed by the great William Wyler and starring the great Bette Davis.  Lighting, music all exceptional.

Honored Contributor

I really enjoy the older movies on TCM.

Most of these actors I’ve never seen in their younger years and it’s great.

DH and I are always recognizing someone by their voice. Very enjoyable to us.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @Coquille and @kaydee50--   "A Letter to Three Wives" is absolutely riveting-- you keep wondering what is going to happen, especially with that unpredictable "wild card" flirtatious woman, you referenced, @Coquille.

So agree with you, @kaydee50--  "The Letter" has to be one of Bette's greatest roles, no?  She is flawless in it, and I love Herbert Marshall too as the devoted and duped husband..

Hey, those two movies together are both fascinating dissections of marriage--  I wonder if TCM planned it that way, running them on the same day!

Honored Contributor

Forgot to mention that prior to the 2 aforementioned movies,  The Age of Innocence is being shown.  For me it's the only Martin Scorcese film that I like (I don't watch his "gangster" films) and Daniel Day-Lewis is riveting.  Also starring Michelle Pfeiffer and Winona Ryder.  The period setting is authentic and adds to the atmosphere.  Love this movie!