Honored Contributor

It's August so every day this month a different actor is featured.  Along with the usual, some newbies.  Jane Fonda, Robert Redford, Kim Novak, Richard Burton.

Always an interesting month on TCM.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: TCM Summer Under the Stars

[ Edited ]

Definitely a nice schedule this year.  I'm also looking forward to the Louis Armstrong and Margaret Rutherford Days.

I'll watch some of Kay Francis, Kathryn Grayson, George Segal, Jane Wyman, Merle Oberon and Eve Arden for some obscure titles I haven't yet viewed.

And an Esther Williams Day celebration in honor of 100 years; August 8, 1921.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been trying to catch some of those SCI movies from the 50's -60's.  When I was very young they used to show them on TV and I thought some were really scarry . Watching them now, holy cow they are so low budget in specail effects.

Honored Contributor

Nice to see a full line-up on Cagney, including a documentary on his career.  Love Cagney!

Eve Arden, Van Heflin, Burton, Mitchum, Margaret Rutherford, the under-valued Robert Young.   Bette Davis, it goes without saying is an "essential";  unfortunately, I've seen so many of her films multiple times.  At least they're showing "Winter Meeting",  which reveals something new with each viewing. 

Thanks for the alert, @kaydee50 !

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love the movie "Winter Meeting"! I watch it every time it comes up for viewing! I especially love the house in the country, even more so than her apartment in the city. It certainly was an introduction for Jim Davis, and he was so  handsome in his younger days.  I thought he did well in his debut playing opposite Bette Davis. I am taped  it again today..... 

Respected Contributor

Well .. they are starting off tonight with a goodie .... " Jexebel" with

Betty D. ....Enjoy everyone .....

Honored Contributor

@TexasMom1,  once again we are totally aligned--  I agree with your every point on "Winter Meeting",  right down to how cute the young, slightly 'green' Jim Davis is in his role. He was adorable.  I think I read that Bette gave him a bit of a hard time, which is too bad.  They certainly had chemistry on screen though, didn't they?!

I also liked her friendship onscreen with her platonic pal, the seemingly frivolous John Hoyt character-- he so thoroughly understood her, probably better than she did herself....

Respected Contributor

I wish they show the way we were

Esteemed Contributor

Hello ~~~~~~~~~~~~helloooooooooooooooo

-----------------@Oznell. I have tried since the middle of July, or earlier to sign in on this maze of confusion, so I lost interest. Wonky software, STILL!

However, I did a 20 minute back and forth CHAT line after trying over 16-17 times to sign on.

Just read your comments on Bette Davis, and if you remembered, I really never cared for her until I heard, via____________some very good videos/w/ interviews. 

Actually, not what I thought she to be, rather a softer side .... that I never trusted.  I do know that she loved her daughter more than anything else. AND!, that inclines my persona quite deeply and very respectable knowing someone, for me, to grasp a personality.  Anyone's.

I do, now, have a greater particular for her craft. She's not the mushy- insecure person I thought.

I can define myself w/a lot of her real personal traits.

We would never let anyone know how, or what we would say if backed into being uncomfortable.

It would be more than interacting to have known her; i.e., having a long visit alone in her living room.

I have many questions that she would fine exciting to discuss with me.

Recently watching some of movies that I had not seen. She's deeper than many would ever know. 

I 'have' missed you very much, along with Pam and dooBdoo. Very fine ladies, as you.

Hoping I can find both soon; have been very busy, and will explain later what I've considered important, as the days swallow the sun- to the moon.  TIME

Woman Happy but burdened hearing flowery speeches w/out substance.

I am heavily involved. YES!

NAES 

Esteemed Contributor

today was Bette Davis  I can't believe I left the couch

I DVRd most of that I couldn't watch

she is my all time favorite especially early Bette