Honored Contributor

@PearleeThe Verdict May 29.  My personal favorite, Hud, May 15th.  I haven't seen many of his earlier films.  And there are a lot left out, e.g, Exodus.  Didn't realize he made so many.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell 

Long Hot Summer is one of my favorites, too.  All the actors are superb...Lee Remick as Eula....so trashy Cat LOL

Also, Sweet Bird of Youth with Geraldine Page.  

Hud, with Patricia Neal....

Anything with Paul N. is worth seeing! 

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Oznell 

Long Hot Summer is one of my favorites, too.  All the actors are superb...Lee Remick as Eula....so trashy Cat LOL

Also, Sweet Bird of Youth with Geraldine Page.  

Hud, with Patricia Neal....

Anything with Paul N. is worth seeing! 

@Witchy Woman   LOL about Lee R.   That film is not a favorite of mine.  I find it very difficult to watch.  I have enough problems in my own family; I don't need another family's angst!  Also, I can almost feel the humidity in that film, so it's almost physically uncomfortable for me to watch also. 

Honored Contributor

From the Terrace, Harper and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Butch Cassidy

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee 

Oh, I completely understand...talk about dysfunctional people....all that sweat and humidity!  Yikes!  But, it is the interaction between Paul and Joann that I enjoy.  So young and beautiful! 

The whole place is filled with lunatics!

@Shelbelle 

Cat on Hot Tin Roof is another scorcher.....Elizabeth Taylor was never more beautiful.....that white dress.  Ooh, la, la.  I adored that little diamond solitaire necklace so much I went searching for it.  QVC used to carry it, but it was gone when I wanted to buy.

Love when she refers to Gooper and Mae's kids as "no neck monsters."

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Pearlee 

Oh, I completely understand...talk about dysfunctional people....all that sweat and humidity!  Yikes!  But, it is the interaction between Paul and Joann that I enjoy.  So young and beautiful! 

The whole place is filled with lunatics!

@Shelbelle 

Cat on Hot Tin Roof is another scorcher.....Elizabeth Taylor was never more beautiful.....that white dress.  Ooh, la, la.  I adored that little diamond solitaire necklace so much I went searching for it.  QVC used to carry it, but it was gone when I wanted to buy.

Love when she refers to Gooper and Mae's kids as "no neck monsters."

Yes, the white dress and Paul using those crutches!!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee   I have never seen The Long Hot Summer from beginning to end but what I have seen of it I didn't particularly like.  Plus I'm not really a fan of JW.  Don't know why but she seems somewhat superficial.  I'll stick with Hud and Patricial Neal!!!

Respected Contributor

One of my favorites when Paul Newman was young is "The Young Philadelphians"  I always DVR it when it is on.

Trusted Contributor
@Oznell
Love your writing...so descriptive.
You wrote: "Paul Newman...in all his golden, disruptive, magnetic, blue-eyed glory."
Fantastic!
Just googled it...the screenplay for The Long Hot Summer was co-written by William Faulkner. Wow...that may be why I remember such great dialogue. I love that your hubby can reenact that scene!
I agree with the posters here who say the heat and humidity in the film comes through and makes the viewer feel hot and sticky. I remember the characters were always drinking lemonade on the porch to try to cool off.
Trusted Contributor
@Witchy Woman

Oh I forgot Lee Remick as Eula...lolololol...yes, she was sooo trashy! What a contrast to Joanne's character!