Honored Contributor

Re: TCM SHOWCASES LEGENDARY CRITIC, PAULINE KAEL FRIDAY 11:30 P.M. EASTERN

just bee,

Thank you for discovering and sharing these marvelous photos!  This man had a joy of life, didn't he?  I admired that he had a sharp intelligence coupled with this delight in being.

Forgive me for not including you in the post about Buckley's mention in the Post.  That was an oversight.

Honored Contributor

image.png

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Oh my.  Definitely guffawed on that one.

Where did you find that?  What a riot! 

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

just bee,

Thank you for discovering and sharing these marvelous photos!  This man had a joy of life, didn't he?  I admired that he had a sharp intelligence coupled with this delight in being.

Forgive me for not including you in the post about Buckley's mention in the Post.  That was an oversight.

@golding76 

image.png

It was sad, but understandable, when he said in an interview shortly before his death:

"I am tired of life."

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Oh my.  Definitely guffawed on that one.

Where did you find that?  What a riot! 

Suitable for framing. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have never heard fo this critic before. I lost TCM last Dec on Comcast, but really dont miss it so much, all they were doing back then was repeating the same selections over and over and over again.  Comcast gives me free Netflix and Epix and Screen Pix.  I would never pay extra to get TCM back. 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

@golding76 

Can't resist...

image.png

Honored Contributor

Ah, kind @golding76 ,  as much as I don't trust C. Rampell and what she writes,  I rejoice that fair-minded you, @just bee and I unite in our respect for the great William!

Superb photos, @just bee --   I now desperately want my own Buckley Pez dispenser, what a sought-after collectible that would be....  

Honored Contributor

oznell,

I knew C. Rampell wasn't your cup of tea, but she is a Buckley fan.  Ah, he of the authentic golden tongue is most persuasive with so many of us, no matter what our stripe.

Like you, I want a Buckley Pez dispenser, too.