Honored Contributor

TCM has an interesting selection of what I think they think of as heartwarming fare, for all the family, tomorrow.

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/index.html?tz=est&sdate=2019-11-28

Note that they're showing Shirley Temple's touching turn as "Heidi" in the morning, at noon Eastern.  All including Jean Hersholt as "the Grandfather",  Marcia Mae Jones, Arthur Treacher,  Mady Christians and Sidney Blackmer acquit themselves well in the classic children's weeper with a happy ending.  I remember as a child being a bit wrung out emotionally by Heidi's wrenching plight, being torn from the mountain.

Spoiler
The joy when all is restored is almost overwhelming!

Other goodies too, especially including:

8:00 p.m. Eastern--  "Sitting Pretty"--  Clifton Webb, Robert Young, Maureen O'Hara.     Extremely entertaining tale of a starchy gent with all the talents of an efficiency expert (who else but Webb?), who takes on the care of a harried but appealing couple with high-spirited children.   Hilarious gossipy, small town antics.  Started the "Mr. Belvidere" franchise.

Whether your Thanksgiving is jolly or not, kicking back with "Sitting Pretty" is a nice way to wind up the day!

Honored Contributor

Re: TCM'S THANKSGIVING SCHEDULE

@Oznell 

I already have "Heidi" set to record.  But I missed "Sitting Pretty".  I've always like Clifton Webb.  Thanks!👍

Honored Contributor

Me too, @geezerette..  And he's so good in this that I think (without checking again, so don't quote me), that he got an Oscar nomination for it....

Respected Contributor

Nevre saw "Sitting Pretty, but loved Clifton Webb in "Cheaper by the Dozen and "Titanic"

Honored Contributor

@Oznell  Thanks for posting the TCM schedule. Looks like there is only one movie we like out of all of them...'Yours, Mine & Ours' which we'll watch. We'll be playing a lot of our DVD's this weekend...including my favorite...'It Happened on 5th Ave'  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise  , love both of those movies. I guess I missed them this time around. Maybe next time. TCM on Sunday has some good ones, too.

Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

@Susan Louise  , love both of those movies. I guess I missed them this time around. Maybe next time. TCM on Sunday has some good ones, too.

@catter70  You need to re-read my post. 'Yours, Mine' and Ours' is on the schedule on TCM today. You can click the link in the OP's post for today's schedule...this movie is on in the evening.

The movie 'It Happened on 5th Ave' we have on DVD.

Respected Contributor

Thanks @Susan Louise , this person who never, ever cooks is making Thanksgiving dinner and my mind is elsewhere. Will check it out. 

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't seen Heidi with Shirley Temple in a long time - may have to watch it.

I was hoping they would show Miracle on 34th Street (original), but can't find it anywhere.  It was usually shown on Thanksgiving.

Valued Contributor

@twinsister  I, too, have watched the original “Miracle on 34 th Street” every year. I used to show it to my class. Love the message.

I don’t think it is on.😔