Respected Contributor

Re: TCM'S NEW YEAR'S EVE SCHEDULE

I'm not thrilled w/this line up of films.  Although I have njoyed 'That's Entertainment', I've seen them all a number of times.  Do I really want to watch again?  Not really.  I'm not a SciFi fan so I doubt I'll be watching tomorrow as well.  Disappointing.

TCM is a must-have channel for me as well because it is the only movie channel I get that is commercial free.  Although I am considering breaking the cable connection, it all depends on what my renewal rates will be coming up this year. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Agree @Oznell... Would much prefer Nick and Nora to the tedious and seemingly never ending That's Entertainment series, which I'll be neither taping nor watching... As for tomorrow, a definite pass for me... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I'm stuck on Comcast's and Hallmark's Christmas movies until they end for the season despite some are not the best.  May catch Prancer and Polar Express one more time before January 7 when I take my decorations down.  

Honored Contributor

I am taping the Entertainment movies, I enjoy them when I am looking for something light and fun.  

I ended up watching The Irishman for New Year's EVe and I cannot say enough about how excellent this movie  is.  I do not like violence in movies but knowing what this movie is about I got through it.  Scorcese definitely should win an Oscar for this film and De Niro, Pacino and Pesci are superb as are many others, all Oscar worthy.

The Thin Man series is my sister's favorite, she has seen them so many times.  I think them enjoyable also.  

Happy Healthy 2020 to all !!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Hello to you, dear Oznell ~with friendly greetings for a peaceful , healthy, thought provoking and

Happy entertaining New Year~

I remember the morning when I first met you, your post, when loving your son so much, his temporary issue pending for a brief health asking.

I have not missed many of your personal and very entertaining movie introductions. Some I had seen, others, I was intrigued by in your unique verbiage to draw me in.

Never, have I been disappointed, although I have little fondness for musicals.

Ha, and another `HA, knowing your tasteful wisdom of movies are closer to my husband's choices, and mine to you husband. 

I believe many movies can introduce our lives into what others have experienced, and for me have had some learning qualities that had a great movement, affecting me, for the better. 

We do subscribe to TCM, and that decision was made years ago for our son when he was in middle school. My husband, now, has become my little boy having great movies to watch, and will tell me of the substance, since I rarely do watch TV, period.

I am thrilled for you and welcome you to another year knowing that you touch on different selections for your movie followers. when I mentioned to you two years ago~

'This Is Your Baby', how you developed a thread so amusing without ever criticizing anyone's organized bashing to their liking.

Your innate nature to instigate excitement.

I wanted to tell you how much you are appreciated

"love and gratitude for Heart your beautiful personality Smiley Happy , always" ~ NAES  

January 01

@Oznell 

Honored Contributor

Why, @NAES1 ,  what a sweet note to open on, on the very first day of year 2020--  thank you so much!

I always look forward to the inimitable musings of you on all the films discussed here, and the knowledgeable input of your film buff hubby that you sometimes grace us with, too!

Those of us who've had TCM have had some challenges this last year with so many losing the channel due to weird new packages or higher rates.  Am glad you still have yours, and hope everybody who loves classic films will still fully post and discuss-- we can't afford to lose their savvy perspectives. 

You're such a caring individual, @NAES1 , to kindly remember some past events that we had to weather-- much appreciated!  So glad despite your many tasks you are staying in touch and prepared to weigh in on future cinematic adventures.

At least TCM is starting off with a bang with sultry Patricia Neal as their January Star Pick!   Here's to happy viewing and lots of "popcorn throwing" flicks to enjoy in 2020, @NAES1.  Happy New Year to you and yours!

Honored Contributor

I received my Newsletter today from TCM, I found on there was a Contact Us form if you wanted to write to them. I filled out the form and wrote about Comcast and how they have removed their channel from thousands out there. Let's see if TCM cares enough to respond. They are owned by Warner. 

Honored Contributor

Hope you'll keep us posted on their response, @Shelbelle!

Trusted Contributor

The other night they showed the first three A Star is Born movies and I watched all 3. It would have been nice to have the Gaga one, too, but it was fun to see them again. Kris Kristofferson is such a cutie. 

Respected Contributor

I admit I was a little underwhelmed by the lineup, but here I sit watching Westworld after having also watched Soylent Green and Logan's Run. 😁